Disables the keyboard, leaving the mouse active. An exit phrase must be entered before the keyboard is reactivated. Can be used to secure dedicated servers or kiosks, or to show a DVD to a small child without them destroying your computer! Use with Skype to prevent toddlers pressing keys during a call
Once KeyboardLocker is enabled, you can ONLY use the keyboard to type in the Exit Phrase. You can use the mouse to start your DVD movie playing.
You can also copy the short cut for KeyboardLocker into the StartUp folder so that your computer is automatically locked when it boots up!
KeyboardLocker can absolutely disable Control+Alt+Del (CAD) to prevent your photo kiosk from being hacked!
- to secure photo kiosks
- to secure dedicated servers (such as university print servers)
- to prevent both USB and PS/2 keyboard input on Internet and Photo kiosks
- to protect running processes when the keyboard is cleaned by janitors
- to stop keyboard input when desktop macros are running
- in a home user environment, e.g. to show a DVD to a small child without them destroying your computer.
There Are Several Ways You Can Start Keyboardlocker:
"c:Program FilesKeyboardLockerKeyboardLocker.exe" [/START]
Starts KeyboardLocker in interactive mode. If /START is specified, KeyboardLocker locks immediately.
"c:Program FilesKeyboardLockerKeyboardLocker.exe" /NEWPWD=new password [/START]
Starts KeyboardLocker in interactive mode, but with a new default password. If /START is specified, KeyboardLocker locks immediately.
"c:Program FilesKeyboardLockerKeyboardLocker.exe" /OLDPWD=old password /NEWPWD=new password
If KeyboardLocker is currently running, it changes the unlock phrase from old password to new password. KeyboardLocker then terminates.
"c:Program FilesKeyboardLockerKeyboardLocker.exe" /STOP=password
Unlocks KeyboardLocker if it is currently running and password is correct. KeyboardLocker then terminates.
Download alternate KeyboardLocker solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to KeyboardLocker software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Antivirus & Security category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Other versions : 3.5.1 3.4 2.9 3.3 3.2 3.1 3.0 2.8 2.6.1 2.7 2.6 2.5.8 2.5.7 2.5.6 2.5 2.4
* /unlockandexit= option now does not show the main window (even briefly)
* KeyboardLocker now minimizes to the tray area when locked, and returns to
being visible when unlocked.
* The exit phrase can now be read out of the registry if the locker provides an
encryption key to perform the encryption.
The exit phrase is now encrypted in the registry.
* Fixed bug where KeyboardLocker would not re-lock after being unlocked once.
* Added new registry entry CtrlAltDelVisible which controls if the Ctrl+Alt+Del
checkbox is visible or not, default true, set to 0 for not visible.
* Now Ctrl+Alt+Del is truly disabled under Windows 7 and 8 in addition to
earlier Windows versions.
* Fixed encryption not working when the encrypted text did not end with ==
Fixed encryption not working 3/4 of the time.
* Improved installer for unattended installation - application is not run on
completion if the installation is silent, and any existing exit phrase in the
registry is not overwritten.
* Added /MINIMIZE command line option
Windows 7 update, new x64 and x32 versions included in installer
New Windows 7 installer
Fixed immediate unlock error
New Vista installer
Now only has short cut of Ctrl+Alt+L for one icon not two.
Now all .DLLs and .EXE files are signed for added security.
The Help Menu can now be hidden to restrict Internet Access
Now can run from limited Windows accounts
Set the unlock phrase from the command line, and even change it while Keyboard Locker is running!
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the KeyboardLocker 3.6 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 3.7 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 4.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full KeyboardLocker description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
Online shop for buying.
(2.99MB, Extension: EXE)