Wandora is a general purpose information gathering, management, and publishing application based on Topic Maps and Java. Wandora has graphical user interface, layered presentation of knowledge, several data storage options, huge collection of data extraction, import and export options, embedded server, and open plug-in architecture. Wandora is a FOSS application with GNU GPL license. Wandora is well suited for constructing information mashups and is capable of extracting and converting a wide range of open data feeds to Topic Map formats (see image below). Beyond Topic Maps conversion this feature allows Wandora user to aggregate multidimensional information mashups where information from Flickr interleaves with information from GeoNames and YouTube, for example. Wandora`s embedded HTTP server enables easy mashup publication. Addition to default HTML page service, Wandora user can easily set up a web service and publish Wandora content with CMSs such as Drupal and Joomla.
Download alternate Wandora solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Wandora software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Business & Management category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- Undo and redo all topic map operations. Finally.
- Updated Twitter, Facebook and Europeana extractors.
- Numerous fixes and enhancements.
Other versions : 2013-01-28 2012-08-31 2012-06-21 2012-04-30 2012-02-29 2011-12-07 2011-09-19 2011-08-15 2011-06-10 2011-04-29
- Dockable topic panels allow Wandora user to work simultaneously with several different topic panels.
- Europeana extractor transforms Europeana API feeds to topic maps.
- Merge ratio matrix.
- Guardian open platform extractor
- Freebase extractor
- Graph panel views now occurrences (optional feature).
- Graph panel filter management is now easier.
- DOT graph format export.
- Fixes on LTM import.
- Disabled some deprecated extractors.
- D3 layers visualization reveals topic merges between topic map layers.
- Tool manager supports now JAR paths. User can now install her own tools to Wandora more easier.
- User may choose to view topics as subject identifiers, subject locators, English display name or any variant name (addition to default basename).
- Enhanced timeline visualization module supports now iCal, Atom, Email, New York Times events API, New York Times article API, Oma kaupunki and YouTube extractors (addition to Twitter and RSS extractors)
- iCal calendar format extractor.
- Server module featuring a partition visualization based on D3.
- Server module featuring a tree visualizations based on D3.
- Server module featuring a word cloud visualization based on D3.
- Cylinder graph generator
- Lattice graph generator (square grid graph)
- New York Times Event API extractor
- Bug fixes for topic table. Old implementation of the topic table returned wrong selection topics if table was sorted or table's column order was changed.
- Template mechanism of Processing topic panel has been changed. Now user writes a complete Processing applet instead of a partial applet. All enclosed sample sketches have been updated to follow this change.
- Two completely new sample sketches for the Processing topic panel:
- Sphere3D.sketch implements a navigable graph visualization on a surface of a sphere.
- Euclidean3D.sketch implements a navigable graph visualization in an euclidean 3D space.
- Some server modules didn't include topic map associations in their feeds. These modules XTM topic map service module, JTM topic map service module, GRAPHML service module and RDF service module have been fixed and returns now association data too.
- Default behavior of XTM 2.0 import has interpreted zero length basenames as valid basenames and included these into the topic map. On the other hand XTM 2.0 export interprets no-basenames as zero length basenames. Together these features caused accidental merges (because Wandora merged topics with a same basename). Now XTM 2.0 import feature has been fixed and interprets zero length basename as no-basename.
- Creating new layer selects now the new layer automatically.
- Restoring Wandora project file selects the layer which was selected when project was saved.
- Changing topic's basename in topic tree is possibly by mouse clicking the tree node three times. If topic has no basename topic tree views topic as a subject identifier. Changing the subject identifier in the tree saved changed subject identifier to topic's base name. Now subject identifier change in topic tree changes topic's subject identifier.
- Delete topics feature has been changed. Now Wandora can remove also all topic map structures that prevent topic deletion. If Wandora finds such topic map structures the application asks user if she would like to remove these structures and then deletes the topic.
- Duplicate topic feature works now even if the topic doesn't locate in current layer. However, having another layer selected actually stores the duplicate into the selected layer.
- Split topics features works now even if the topic doesn't locate in current layer. Split parts are always stored into the selected layer.
- Wandora features a new tool called Associate points in polygon occurrence carrier which takes two topic sets. First topic set has geo-points as occurrences and second topic set has geo-polygons as occurrences. Tool iterates all point-polygon pairs and associates occurrence carrier topics if point is inside polygon. This tools is useful if Wandora user needs to refine geo-occurrences into associations.
- Wandora features a new tool called Associate nearby point occurrence carriers which creates associations between topics that carry geo-coordinates close enough. This tools is useful if Wandora user needs to refine geo-occurrences into associations.
- New feature Simple CSV association extractor reads CSV file and transforms it to topics and associations. Each CSV row is transformed to an association and each value to a topic. Association type and role types are predefined topics.
- Uploading and downloading occurrences to/from Pastebin feature has been extended to cover any topic collection including topic maps (layer context).
- New feature The Service Map extractor can be used to build a topic map conversion of Helsinki region public services.
- Log messages have been improved. Miscellaneous UI improvements.
- XTM topic map service module
- JTM topic map service module
- GRAPHML service module
- RDF service module
- Screencast service module
- Pastebin upload for resource data occurrences
- Pastebin download for resource data occurrences
- Fixes GeoNames extractors. Now Wandora's GeoNames extractors require a username provided by the GeoNames service.
- R console window has been rewritten.
- Topic table allows any topic selection now. Java's JTable component allows selections of single rows and single columns only (which is fine if you have only one column). Now Wandora overcomes the default limitation.
- Occurrences can be duplicated (to other type). User can also change occurrence's type.
- We have tested Wandora on Java 7.
- New feature: Export similarity matrix. Similarity matrix is similar to topic adjacency matrix but matrix cell contains a value representing selected similarity of row and column topics. Feature has predefined similarity measures of Subject locator similarity, Highest subject identifier similarity, Basename similarity etc.
- Wandora's Firefox and Thunderbird plugin works now on FF version 6.0 and TB version 6.0.
- SQL query result set extractor
- R language integration. Requires separate R language installation.
- uClassify integration
- Enhanced association editor supports now default type and roles and remembers your last selection.
- Enhanced occurrence editor supports now default type and remembers your last selection.
- Enhanced HelMet library data extractor supports now paging.
- Some minor bugs fixed.
- SPARQL extractor opens a wide range of interesting information sources to topic mappers and mashup creators.
- JQuery Mobile based topic map browser demonstrates how topic maps can be published for mobile devices.
- HelMet library data extractor enables Wandora user to build a bibliographical topic map based on Helsinki city library's database.
- Wandora support now Microsoft Translator. Integration enables translation of variant names and occurrences. See an example.
- All Wandora Drupal extras have been updated! Now there is a Wandora-Drupal bridge module for Drupal 7 too.
- AlchemyAPI extractors have a new member. Alchemy sentiment extractor analyzes given text and figures out the attitude in the text.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Wandora 2013-04-30 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 2013-04-30 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 2013-04-31 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Wandora description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(183MB, Extension: ZIP)