Grisbi is a personnal accounting application running under GNU/Linux and Windows, released under the GPL licence.
Grisbi can manage multiple accounts, currencies and users. It manages third party, expenditure and receipt categories, as well as budgetary lines, financial years, and other informations that makes it quite adapted for associations (except those that require double entry accounting).
Download alternate Grisbi solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Grisbi software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Business & Management category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- Encryption of the file
- New and improved print system
- LaTeX no more needed, printing has never been so straightforward
- Transaction list can be printed as well as reports.
- Improved user interface
- Tabs deprecated in favor of a navigation tree
- Redesigned categories/payees/budgetary lines trees
- Totally redesigned transaction list with native GTK2 widgets
- Split of transactions displayed directly in transaction list
- Optional grid in transaction list
- New "view" menu
- Use of assistants to ease some operations
- Custom sort for transaction list columns
- Reconcile now shows togglable buttons
- Use of + and - in amount entry to increment/decrement values
- Quick import of recurrent files
- Pre-built category sets dependent of the locale
- All colors can be customized
- Astonishing icons ... can't ask for more!
- Greek translation thanks to Achilleas
- Archival of old transactions, possibly into separate files
- Form structure defined by user
- End of the obligation to use Euro
- Gnucash and CSV files import
- HBCI support through the aqbanking plugin
- Tip of the day
- Reconciled transactions are "archived" by default
- Tip of the day
- Huge work on localization :
- Grisbi suggests a default currency according to the locale
- Dates are now displayed and parsed according to the locale, no more unbearable european dates for overseas folks!
- Amounts are displayed according to locale
- It is now possible to omit decimal separator in numerical fields
- Custom mathematics engine that do not rely on float anymore
- Plugin system
- New english file format
- Tool management for the payees
- Automatic association of third parties and categories for import files
- Ability to create a partial balance in the main view
- And more!
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Grisbi 0.8.9 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 0.9.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 1.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Grisbi description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(11.52MB, Extension: EXE)