Actual Multiple Monitors 5.1.1
Actual Multiple Monitors is the unique toolkit which improves the usability of Windows user interface and make the work with multi-monitor setups much more comfortable and effective.
Powerful yet easy-to-use, the program adds a copy of the original Windows Taskbar onto each secondary display, simplifying and unifying the task management on all monitors. Each such copy can either display only the tasks running on the same monitor or mirror the contents of main Taskbar. Moreover, each secondary taskbar can display the Start button, the notification area (system tray), any toolbars (like Quick Launch, etc.) and the clock. Also, you can clone the Alt-Tab Task Switcher window on each monitor to get rid of turning your attention to the primary monitor every time you need to switch tasks. Finally, all taskbars can be semi-transparent!
Actual Multiple Monitors greatly enhances window management within the expanded screen space with such usability tools as quick switching windows between monitors via special button in each window's title bar or via hotkeys, easy dragging/sizing windows by an arbitrary point, snapping windows to desktop boundaries and to each other (sticky borders), emulation of Windows 7 Aero Snap on XP/Vista, making any window span the entire desktop or fit monitor's width/height - and many others!
To make your work environment even more comfortable and efficient, Actual Multiple Monitors offers setting up rules for your favorite apps to choose which monitor displays the program at startup. You can also create desktop profiles, which include such display properties as screen resolution, refresh rate, color depth, status (primary or secondary), the type of wallpaper and screen saver (shared or individual on each display). Last but not least - the program can save and restore the order of icons on your desktop in case they were garbled in some way.
Try Actual Multiple Monitors right now - and it will make arranging multi-monitor setups a breeze!
Download alternate Actual Multiple Monitors solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Actual Multiple Monitors software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Desktop Design category.
| Window | Wallpaper | Transparent | Taskbar | Task Switcher | System Tray | Snap | Screen Saver | Quick Launch | Multiple | Multi-monitor | Manager | Display | Desktop Profile | Clock | Background | Aero Snap |
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Other versions : 5.1 5.0.2 4.3 4.2 4.1 3.4.2 3.4.1 3.4 3.3 3.2.1 3.2 3.1 3.0 2.3 2.2 2.1 2.0 1.0
1) Put window at startup into Divider tile. 2) Hotkeys now work in DirectInput games (Battlefield 3, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, etc.). 3) Alt-Tab Task Switcher improved in Windows 8. 4) Low-level mechanisms improved for better compatibility. 5) Slideshow screen saver improved.
1) There is no more free version. 2) The price is reduced. 3) Web picture sources (Google, Flickr) available for desktop background slideshow. 4) Classic Start menu under Vista/7/8 (based on http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/ by Ivo Beltchev). 5) Compatibility with Firefox/Thunderbird 17.
1) 64-bit Actual Taskbar. 2) Windows 8 RTM support. 3) Compatibility improved with Microsoft Office 2007 and higher, Logitech SetPoint, WordPerfect 12, GOM Player, JRiver Media Center, Start Menu X, Classic Shell Start Menu, SmartDraw 12, HTML-Kit Tools. 4) Numerous fixes and improvements.
1) Improved stability on 64-bit systems. 2) Ability to apply desktop profile from the command line. 3) Ability to put the mouse to the corresponding point in window by the click on window's preview in taskbar.
1) Compatibility with Windows 8 Release Preview. 2) Windows 8: Start button in Actual Taskbars. 3) Custom groups in Actual Taskbar. 4) Custom title buttons at the level of particular window settings. 5) Special multi-monitor slideshow screen saver. 6) Tile/Cascade/Undo in taskbar's context menu.
1) Windows 7: Improved the quality of multi-monitor wallpaper pictures. 2) Vista/7: Improved the Multi-monitor Taskbar's color in Aero. 3) Scroll Inactive Windows restored. 4) Activating the maximized windows from secondary taskbars fixed. 5) Crashes in dwm.exe fixed.
1) Invoke a Jump List by dragging taskbar button. 2) Auto-minimization of inactive Outlook dialogs improved. 3) Inability to activate windows via their taskbar buttons fixed. 4) Preview thumbnails not showing for Excel 2007 workbooks fixed. 5) Title buttons' compatibility with Firefox 7 improved.
1) Early Windows 8 support. 2) Automatic activation of a selected profile at program's startup. 3) New options in Desktop's context menu. 4) Norwegian language added. 5) Compatibility improved with many popular products (like Visual Studio, all Adobe products, SnagIt, Softimage). 6) Numerous fixes.
1) Now it's free! 2) Individual taskbar settings per monitor. 3) Window icon/caption in preview thumbnails. 4) Edgeless desktop with new Wrap the Desktop mouse tool. 5) Indonesian language added. 6) Reboot-less update to new version on Windows Vista/7. 7) Better tracking of multi-window programs.
1) Toggle the Multi-monitor Taskbar's Always-on-Top state. 2) Soft Mouse Lock improved. 3) Multi-monitor wallpapers fixed on portrait-oriented monitors. 4) Desktop profile hotkeys fixed. 5) Resetting the slideshow fixed when activating another desktop profile. 6) Next Slide command fixed.
1) Display cloning and rotation in Windows 7. 2) Control buttons in preview thumbnails. 3) Context menu for Jump List items. 4) Special window for hidden tray icons in secondary taskbars. 5) Hard/soft mouse lock in a current monitor. 6) Custom mouse click actions with adjustable parameters.
1) Desktop mirroring: area around the mouse pointer, window, monitor, arbitrary part of desktop, zoom in/out, fixed/variable scale. 2) Custom hotkeys with adjustable parameters. 3) Pin documents to Jump Lists on secondary taskbars. 4) Close button in live previews. 5) Back up/restore configuration.
1) Jump Lists on secondary taskbars under Win 7. 2) Per-monitor background slideshow. 3) Scroll inactive windows. 4) Switch the mouse between monitors via hotkeys. 5) Maximize to selected monitors. 6) Move to Monitor preview dialog. 7) Classic and Aero Snap combined. 8) Aero Glow on title buttons.
1) Grouping buttons on secondary taskbars. 2) Regular expressions to detect a target window by its caption. 3) New hotkeys: Lock Mouse and Ignore Deactivation. 4) Snapping a window to other windows from inside. 5) Maximize to Desktop fixed. 6) Title buttons compatible with MS Office 2010.
1) Special Maximize to Desktop title button. 2) Show Desktop button on secondary taskbars in Windows 7. 3) Improved Start button on secondary taskbars. 4) Pin-to-Taskbar improved for 64-bit programs. 5) Easy windows dragging/sizing improved for 64-bit programs.
1) Pin to Taskbar, Aero Peek, Show captions on secondary taskbars. 2) Multi-monitor Background Slideshow. 3) Toggle secondary monitors via tray icon's menu and hotkeys. 4) Set primary display via tray icon's menu. 5) Batch switching of windows between monitors. 6) Better work with consoles in Win7.
1) System tray and toolbars (Quick Launch, etc.) on secondary monitors. 2) Semi-transparent taskbars. 3) Snap windows to desktop boundaries and to each other. 4) Easy drag/size windows by any point. 5) Open new windows by default where the mouse pointer. 6) Many fixed bugs/stability issues on x64.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Actual Multiple Monitors 5.1.2 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 5.2.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 6.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Actual Multiple Monitors description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
Online shop for buying.
(9.74MB, Extension: EXE)