Wallpaper Updater 2.4
Wallpaper Updater is easy to install, with a user-friendly interface. A simple program used to manage your desktop wallpaper. It is intended for changing wallpapers automatically. It is launched during computer startup without disturbing you, and simply does its job while running in the background. Wallpaper Updater works both with images from local drives and with images from Picasa web albums.
Wallpaper Updater works on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
With the help of Wallpaper Updater you can select a folder with images that you would like to use as wallpapers. Wallpaper Updater will automatically change your wallpaper every Windows launch, day, week or month according to user-defined settings. You can also set the order in which the wallpaper will change. All settings are automatically saved and only need to be configured one time.
You can add images to black list so they will be never shown again. Black list images won't be deleted physically from your hard drive so you can still use them for other purposes. You can see all the images currently in black list, delete them from it or add new images to it.
After installing Wallpaper Updater you will be able to access it through a context menu when after right-clicking on the desktop. Change Wallpaper Updater settings in one click!
Detailed help is provided where all options of Wallpaper Updater are described. This will allow you to get maximum possibilities from wallpaper changer program. Tooltips are displayed during work making it even easier.
Wallpaper Updater can manage images of different width and height, displaying them in the best way on your desktop.
Download alternate Wallpaper Updater solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Wallpaper Updater software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Desktop Design category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- Optimization for Win 8: much quicker now!
- Minor user interface enhancements
Other versions : 2.3 2.2 2.1 2.0 1.5 1.4 1.3 1.2 1.1
- XML settings export and import
- Rotating of current wallpaper is possible now
- Bug fix for Picasa web albums lost of authorization
- Minor interface and installer enhancements
-This version is compatible with Windows 8
- Tooltips were added to user interface
- Context menu was added to Black List screen
- Option to change wallpapers each Windows startup was added.
- Possibility of setting additional filters for wallpapers is available now.
- Installation/uninstallation process was improved.
- Now Wallpaper Updater supports new source of wallpapers - images from Picasa web albums. You can use this source together with local images.
- Processing of bad internet connection was improved.
- Black list window: several enhancements including browsing of black list images by double click.
- Automatic updates feature. Wallpaper Updater is now able to check for updates after startup
- Bad image processing was enhanced
- Bug with displaying of publisher in control panel was fixed.
- Fit To Screen Size option was added: it allows to set images of any size as wallpapers without distortions and occupying 100% of desktop
- Help file was added: now you can read about all options of Wallpaper Updater there
- Bug with changing of wallpaper immediately after installation was fixed
New window for black list management: you can view black list images, add image to black list or delete image from black list
- When you close the program, the program gives a prompt for saving of your settings
- New option: you can select to change wallpaper in the beginning of day, week, month
- You can add images to black list and they will be never shown again
- You can simply delete images you don't need from Wallpaper Updater Settings
- Installation of shell extension is optional now
- Shell extension component supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Performance enhancements
- Small GUI enhancements
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Wallpaper Updater 2.4 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 2.5 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 3.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Wallpaper Updater description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(1.32MB, Extension: EXE)