Postbox for MAC OS X 3.0.8
Postbox lets you spend less time managing messages and more time getting things done. But what makes Postbox really useful is the way it lets you find and reuse all kinds of content hidden deep within your email. After all, it’s your email. Make the most of it.
Powerful Message Search
Postbox makes it easy to search for almost anything across all of your email accounts. Use the Search Panel to quickly search by message criteria, or for the power user, use search operators such "from:Mary" or "subject:vacation" directly within the search box. Postbox even understands search terms such as such as "after last Monday" or "before June 2008." And if you want to find a specific word or a phrase, there’s a Text Preview mode that helps you zero in on exactly what you're looking for.
Use Postbox’s Search Tabs to instantly find attachments, images, links, and contacts – without having to dig through messages to find what you need. The Action Bar at the bottom of each search tab let’s you do useful things from your searches, like create a new message from a document you’ve found.
Get fast access to your email content when you need it most - writing messages. A handy Compose Sidebar let’s you find attachments, images, and links directly within a new message window, which makes it easy to do things like resend project documents or incriminating photos from the company party. No more saving to the desktop, moving windows around, or other tedious actions that take up valuable time.
Postbox looks for interesting content within each message, then highlights what it finds in the Inspector Pane. It's like a discovery engine built right into email. And if you’re looking at an entire conversation, Postbox summarizes everything that that has been shared so far - all in one place.
The inline Contacts Panel provides fast access to address book data and a palette of useful searches and actions. Use the Contacts Panel to send an email, dial a phone number, initiate an IM chat, or lookup an address. You can even search for recent messages, attachments, images, or links from any contact, anytime.
Back to Top
Simplified Folder Views
Postbox lets you slice and dice your account and folder views in ways that reduce clutter and simplify your life. When you select an account, only the most relevant folders are displayed, which helps to minimize distractions from activity in other accounts. And since the location of your common folders is always preserved, it makes switching from one inbox to another a breeze.
Tabbed Mail Browsing
Like a Web browser, Postbox let’s you view your message content in tabs - enabling you to create an efficient workspace for everything you’re working on. Open almost anything in a tab, including messages, folders, searches, or content such as attachments and images. You can quickly switch between tabs, or even reorder tabs to customize your view.
Postbox enables you to view and process messages by conversation. Simply select a summary row in your message list to see a roll-up of all messages within a conversation.
Have fragments of a conversation scattered across your inbox, sent folder, or other folders? You can bring them all together, everything in one window, in one click.
Focus by Topics
Use Postbox to organize your messages by Topics. This allows you to focus your attention on one thing at a time, while minimizing interruptions from new messages outside of your current topic. A topic can be anything - a project, important client, an event, or even priority.
To view messages by Topic, just select from your favorites in the Folder Pane. It’s like creating a mini-Inbox for just the messages you want to work on. Combine Topics with Search Tabs to find attachments, images, links, or a list of contacts that relate to the Topic in view.
Assigning a Topic is easy. Type in any word or select from a list of your favorites. Unlike folders (that force you to make decisions on where to file), you can assign as many topics to a messages as you like. And here’s the best part - when you assign a topic to a message, it gets applied to all other messages in the conversation, and all future message replies too.
Want to keep a message around but don’t want to bother with filing it? Just use Archive. One click and the message is moved out of your way and into a dedicated Archive folder. Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to find anything that you need by using Postbox’s powerful search features.
Have you ever wanted to edit an email, or add a note, just as easily as using a word processor? With Postbox, you can work with messages like you’ve always wanted. Use the Annotate function to change the subject message, edit its content, or add notes. You can even create a copy of your changes if you want to keep the original message, and everything will be grouped and displayed together in one conversation.
To DosView larger version of this image
Postbox provides a simple and lightweight way to use email messages to manage and track To-Dos. Messages marked “To-Do” are conveniently pinned to the top of your message list, so important work items do not get pushed out of view. Easily create new To-Dos and add them directly to your Inbox – no more emailing yourself notes! Use Postbox’s Annotate feature to update the status of To-Dos, or focus your To-Do list by Topic. You can even set the status of a message to Pending, which helps you keep tabs on items that you've delegated.
Postbox streamlines your workflow by connecting your email content to the online services you use most. Whenever you see an attachment, image, link, address, or even text anywhere in Postbox, an online connection is just a click away. Click on an address to open an online map, or a phone number to initiate a call on your internet phone application. To share content online, select some content and choose an online service. Web connections can be made from within a Search Tab, the Inspector Pane, or even within the message body itself.
Use the Compose Sidebar to find and share links to online resources in new email messages. Just select a content type, enter a search term, and then drop what you’ve found into your message. Share links, places, and images (and much more coming soon), without switching to a browser, cutting and pasting content, and the rest of that nonsense.
Integrated Web Search
Initiate a Web search by simply grabbing some message text and dropping it into the integrated Web Search Bar, or by typing any search term you like. Suggested search terms appear as you type, which speeds up your searches. A variety of different search engines are provided, so you can do everything from looking up a contact on a social network to researching a product online.
Anti-Phishing and Malware Services
Postbox helps protect you from viruses, spyware, trojan horses and more by checking URLs that are sent to you against a database of suspected phishing or malware sites. The database is automatically updated every 30 minutes, and if a potentially malicious URL is identified, a warning message will be prominently displayed.
Your security is important to us, so the Postbox application will keep itself up-to-date with the latest security and performance enhancements. The update process is automated, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Based on Mozilla® Technology
Postbox is based on Mozilla technology, and as part of our continuing commitment to keep you as secure as possible, we'll quickly incorporate Mozilla security updates as they become available.
Download alternate Postbox for MAC OS X solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Postbox for MAC OS X software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Internet & Network category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- Reduce power usage (and increase laptop battery life) by only using the integrated GPU on Mac OS X
- Added a "Run Filters on Folder" toolbar button
- Notification Center alerts now link directly to messages
- Postbox will now display the account name next to folder name in the message pane
- Added automatic account configuration support for iCloud email accounts
- Fixed a crash on import from Thunderbird
- Fixed a crash on indexing
- Fixed an issue where attachment thumbnails would not display on Mac OS X (Retina only)
- Fixed an issue with Growl integration on Mac OS X
- Fixed an issue where searches on non-recognized Topics would return results
- Fixed issues with "Topic is" / "Topic isn't" criteria for smart folders
- Fixed an issue with automatic account configuration when you entered an incorrect password
- Fixed an issue that would prevent spelling dictionaries from installing
Other versions : 3.0.7 3.0.6 2.1
- Fixed an issue where logging into Facebook would fail
- Fixed an issue where detected dates would not work in attached messages
- Fixed an issue with the SpamSieve add-on
- Fixed an issue with the localized versions of the Enigmail add-on
- Fixed an issue with the progress meter on Mac OS X
- Fixed an issue where Mac OS X 10.7 users could see a broken notification if Growl was not installed
- Fixed an issue where Dropbox would fail for non-ASCII file names
- Improved Twitter integration
- Improved support for the Send Later add-on
- The power of Postbox Conversation Views has now been integrated into message compose. In addition to traditional message quoting, you can now compose messages in "Summarize Mode" which provides a clean "who-said-what" summary of the conversation. For additional detail, please see the following Knowledge Base Article. Summarize mode applies to reply and forward as inline for HTML composition
- Ability to toggle between Reply and Reply All from the compose window via a toolbar button
- Ability to configure Quick Reply to always default to Reply All via Preferences | Compose | Advanced
- Support for Mail As PDF on Mac OS X from the Mac print dialog in your favorite Mac application
- Add a keyboard shortcut for Paste Without Formatting to the compose window: cmd-shift-v (Mac) and ctrl-shift-v (Windows)
- Quick Look is now implemented for attachments in the compose window on Mac OS X. Select the attachments and use the space bar to quick look them.
- Fixed an issue opening iWork (Pages, Keynote, and Numbers) attachments on Mac OS X
- Fixed an issue with tooltips not always disappearing correctly on Mac OS X when using Spaces
- Fixed an issue with Spotlight not showing the correct subjects
- Performance and stability improvements with large sets of mail
- Incorporated Mozilla Firefox security updates through version 3.6.11
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Postbox for MAC OS X 3.0.9 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 3.1.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 4.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Postbox for MAC OS X description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(7.52MB, Extension: DMG)