OpenNebula is the industry standard for on-premise IaaS cloud computing, offering a comprehensive solution for the management of virtualized data centers to enable private, public and hybrid (cloudbursting) clouds. OpenNebula interoperability makes cloud an evolution by leveraging existing IT assets in your data center. What does OpenNebula offer? OpenNebula provides a powerful, scalable and secure multi-tenant cloud platform for fast delivery and elasticity of virtual resources.
- The Image Repository system allows to set up and share images, which can be operative systems or data, to be used in Virtual Machines easily.
- The Template Repository system allows to register Virtual Machine definitions in the system, to be instantiated later as Virtual Machine instances.
- Virtual Networking is provided to interconnect Virtual Machines, they can be defined as fixed or ranged networks.
- Once a Template is instantiated to a Virtual Machine, there are a number of operations that can be performed to control their lifecycle, such as migration (live and cold), stop, resume, cancel, etc. These operations are available both from the CLI and the Sunstone GUI.
What are the Main Components?
- Interfaces & APIs: OpenNebula provides many different interfaces that can be used to interact with the functionality offered to manage physical and virtual resources. There are two main ways to interface OpenNebula: command line interface and the Sunstone GUI. There are also several cloud interfaces that can be used to create public clouds: OCCI and EC2 Query. In addition, OpenNebula features powerful integration APIs to enable easy development of new components (new virtualization drivers for hypervisor support, new information probes, etc).
- Users and Groups: OpenNebula supports user accounts and groups, as well as various authentication and authorization mechanisms. This feature can be used to create isolated compartments within the same cloud, implementing multi-tenancy. Moreover, a powerful Access Control List mechanism is in place to allow different role management, allowing a fine grain permission granting.
- Networking: An easily adaptable and customizable network subsystem is present in OpenNebula in order to better integrate with the specific network requirements of existing datacenters. Support for VLANs and Open vSwitch are also featured.
- Hosts and Virtualization: Various hypervisors are supported in the virtualization manager, with the ability to control the lifecycle of Virtual Machines, as well as monitor them. This monitorization also applies to the physical hosts.
- Storage and Images: OpenNebula aims to be flexible enough to support as many different image storage configurations as possible. The Storage subsystem can be configured to support non-shared and shared filesystems, as well as a broad array of different arrangements of the image servers.
Download alternate to OpenNebula solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to OpenNebula software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Internet & Network category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the OpenNebula 4.2 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 4.3 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 5.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full OpenNebula description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(1.1MB, Extension: GZ)