ActiveSocket Network Communication Toolkit 2.1
Toolkit to enhance your applications or scripts with client/server network socket communication, automated telnet sessions, wake up on lan (Wake On Lan, WOL), RSH (remote shell script) capabilities and more. Use this component with ASP, ASP.NET, Visual Basic, Visual Basic.NET, Visual C++, Visual C# .NET or VBScript application/tool. Based on Microsoft`s Winsock modules.
Samples for all platforms and development tools are provided. Use this ActiveX control for different purposes:
- To automate Telnet sessions; for instance, configurations for network switches (3COM, Cisco) are normally done via telnet sessions. You can use ActiveSocket to automate these telnet sessions, hiding passwords and specific configuration menu`s from the operators. In combination with a we server, you can delegate specific tasks to operators. Operates use the web-interface; the web-application (ActiveSocket) establishes the actual Telnet session;
- To create your own client/server applications; your server-application listens for an incoming connection on a specific port, while your client application makes a connection to it;
- To enhance your applications with client/server technologies;
- To query servers and devices using the SNMP protocol;
- To run a Shell Script on a remote UNIX or LINUX computer that runs the RSH (Remote Shell Script) daemon;
- Wake up On Lan (Wake On Lan, WOL); wake up machines based on their MAC address;
ActiveSocket can be used on Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows .NET platforms.
Visit http://www.activexperts.com/activsocket to view online samples.
Download alternate ActiveSocket Network Communication Toolkit solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to ActiveSocket Network Communication Toolkit software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Internet & Network category.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the ActiveSocket Network Communication Toolkit 2.1 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 2.2 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 3.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full ActiveSocket Network Communication Toolkit description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(1.07MB, Extension: EXE)