DVDpedia is a powerful movie cataloging application that retrieves all information about your DVDs and videos from the internet.
It lets you search all the Amazon sites (US, UK, Canada, France, Germany and Japan) plus IMDB and several other international sites for information about your movies, either by entering keywords or using an iSight or a scanner. You can create smart collections and start a wish list and a borrowed list so you never loose a DVD again. View your entries as a standard list, browse only the covers or use the web view for a personalized look of DVDpedia. Share your collection with friends, using the customizable HTML export templates.
Download alternate DVDpedia solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to DVDpedia software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the E-Learning and Hobby category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- When importing a folder with several movie files, files already imported are ignored
- Ability to set a date format for export directly in a template with:
- Ability to export files based on item title with template command:
- New export tags [key:coverImageURLHeight] and [key:coverImageURLWidth]
- After an internal search is cleared the table is scrolled in order to show the selection
- Mark as bought command add current date as purchased on date
- Mark as bought keyboard shortcut changed to command-shift-K
- Keyboard shortcut information display removed from contextual menus
- Collection item count now a minimum size for a crisper font and better readability
- "No cover image" placeholder shown in info view for missing covers instead of missing image question mark
- Ability to add several menu commands from a single plug-in
- Ability to set amount of cover image compression (1.0 to 0.1) via Terminal with: "defaults write com.bruji.dvdpedia "JPEGCompression" -float 0.8"
- Optimized compression for covers
- New Amazon access keys
- Filmaffinity plug-in updated
- Bol.it plug-in updated
- Theatrical release date format honored for full screen view
- Bug fix: not all data from EyeTV movie was being imported
- Bug fix: index in HTML export works with UID naming setting set
- Bug fix: view links toolbar button might have to be pressed twice under certain settings
- Bug fix: RSS feed for HTML exports "&" sign was not encoded in the title
- Bug fix: previews of HTML exports that included spaces in the name would not launch in Firefox automatically
- Bug fix Snow Leopard: playing movies in QuickTime X from full screen was not working
- Bug fix: in some cases images might not have been imported from Delicious Library
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the DVDpedia 4.5.6 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 4.6.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 5.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full DVDpedia description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(10.4MB, Extension: )