LandSerf is a freely available application for the visualisation and analysis of surfaces. Applications include visualisation of landscapes; geomorphological analysis; gaming; GIS file conversion; map output; archaeological mapping and analysis; surface modelling and many others. It runs on any platform that supports Java (Windows, MacOSX, Unix, Linux etc.) Features: Handles multiple surface models - raster digital elevation models (DEMs), vector Triangulated Irregular Networks (TINs), contours and metric surface networks (MSNs).
- Interactive 3D viewing and `flythrough` of surfaces on platforms that support OpenGL.
- A range of powerful and interactive visualisation techniques including lighting/shade models, multiple image blending and dynamic graphical query.
- Fully controllable either via its attractive graphical user interface, or via scripting.
- Raster and vector transformation including image rectification and map projection.
- Multi-scale surface processing based on quadratic regression.
- Fractal and polynomial surface generation for modelling and simulation.
- Multi-scale parameter and feature extraction (slope, aspect, curvature etc.).
- Import and export of common raster and vector formats.
- Import and export from and to Garmin GPS receivers.
(12.9MB, Extension: ZIP)
Download alternate to LandSerf solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to LandSerf software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the E-Learning and Hobby category.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the LandSerf 2.3 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 2.4 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 3.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full LandSerf description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).