View maps of Earth and other planets with PrettyMap! See current day and night regions, learn geography by taking the quiz, enjoy 3D elevation surfaces, measure distances between locations and create your own maps with special places! PrettyMap lets you view vector and raster maps and images (such as country boundaries, world cities, rivers, satellite photos), search in geographically-referenced data, visualize and analyze spatial information, download current weather reports and forecasts, extend your knowledge by taking an educational quiz, and edit your own simple maps. PrettyMap is a GIS program with the following features:
- support for vector maps (points, lines, areas)
- support for raster maps (terrain elevation and bathymetry, images, symbolic)
- handles multi-attribute data associated with vector map objects
- displays maps of various planets
- supports GPS, logging GPS locations and the "follow GPS" mode
- GPS fleet tracking service: PrettyMap can regularly report locations so that you know where your fleet is, and others know where you are
- displays current weather maps, detailed weather reports and forecasts (requires Internet connection)
- All Maps Are Free:- political: country boundaries with country names, capitals, population sizes, ...
- major cities with names, status, population ranks and classes, ...
- comprehensive set of data for each country, based on the current information from The World Factbook
- USA states with areas, population sizes, males, females, age, marriage, race, and household statistics, ...
- major rivers
- elevation data for Earth, Moon, Mars
- satellite photos and images
- lunar mountains, craters and crater chains, seas, lakes, swamps, valleys, ...
- and many more!
- spherical projection
- relief and 3D elevation (DEM) view with vector map overlay
- shows day and night regions, computes shadow length and sun/north orientation
- various color schemes for elevation maps
- user-defined elevation colors
- zoom range from whole planet to meters
- multiple, configurable vector map layers
- data search for vector map databases
- versatile quiz with teacher mode for vector map databases
- bar charts and color-by option for numeric features in vector map databases
- distance measurement
- integrated user-defined locations (Points Of Interest) editor, stores notes and values for each POI
- sessions to quickly save/restore program state
- adjustable water level for elevation data
- numerous settings to customize the program
Download alternate PrettyMap solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to PrettyMap software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the E-Learning and Hobby category.
| Vector | Satellite | River | Raster | Quiz | Poi | Planet | Moon | Mars | Map | Longitude | Location | Learn | Layer | Latitude | Gis | Geography | Elevation | Education | Earth | Distance | Dem | Day And Night | Country | City | Boundary |
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Other versions : 5.4 5.3 5.2 5.1 5.0 4.5
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the PrettyMap 5.5 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 5.6 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 6.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full PrettyMap description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(5.29MB, Extension: ZIP)