Quantum GIS 1.8.0
QGIS is a cross-platform (Linux, Windows, Mac) open source Geographic Information system. The QGIS project offers different applications for your use cases:
- QGIS Desktop - The classic QGIS desktop application offers many GIS functions for data viewing, editing, and analysis.
- QGIS Browser - A fast and easy data viewer for your local, network and online (WMS) data.
- QGIS Server - A standard-compliant WMS 1.3 server that can be easily configured using QGIS Desktop project files.
- QGIS Client - A web front-end for your web mapping needs based on OpenLayers and GeoExt.
Qgis Desktop The Major Features Include:
- PostGIS and SpatiaLite,
- most vector formats supported by the OGR library, including ESRI shapefiles, MapInfo, SDTS and GML.
- raster formats supported by the GDAL library*, such as digital elevation models, aerial photography or landsat imagery,
- GRASS locations and mapsets,
- online spatial data served as OGC-compliant WMS , WMS-C (Tile cache), WFS and WFS-T
- on-the-fly reprojection
- print composer
- overview panel
- spatial bookmarks
- identify/select features
- edit/view/search attributes
- feature labeling
- vector diagram overlay
- advanced vector and raster symbology
- graticule layer
- map decorations like north arrow, scale bar and copyright label
- digitizing tools for vector features
- field and raster calculator
- the georeferencer plugin
- GPS tools to import and export GPX format, convert other GPS formats to GPX, or down/upload directly to a GPS unit
- map algebra
- terrain analysis
- hydrologic modeling
- network analysis
- and many others
Download alternate Quantum GIS solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Quantum GIS software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the E-Learning and Hobby category.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Quantum GIS 1.8.1 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 1.9.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 2.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Quantum GIS description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(128MB, Extension: EXE)