Weather Watcher Live 7.0.77
Weather Watcher Live is your personal, real-time Windows desktop weather station. View real-time weather conditions in your neighborhood from WeatherBug weather stations, or as reported by NWS.
Automatically retrieve the current conditions, hourly forecast, daily forecast, severe weather alerts from NWS (US only), and weather maps for thousands of cities world-wide. The current conditions can be quickly viewed by holding your mouse pointer over the Weather Watcher Live system tray icon.
Weather Watcher Live will allow you to automatically retrieve your weather data at a set interval, display the current temperature in a customized tray icon, display the current condition image in a tray icon, designate which weather information is displayed in the Weather Watcher Live system tray tooltip, convert the weather data using almost any conversion, display a weather map as your desktop wallpaper, log the weather data in any format, export the weather data in any format, customize the look of the Weather Watcher Live interface and icons via skins, and much more.
•Weather as reported by WeatherBug and NWS
•Forecasts available for thousands of cities world-wide
•Current weather conditions
•7-day day/night forecast
•Severe weather alerts from NWS (US only)
•700+ weather maps
•Easy access to weather news, cameras and photos
•18+ weather unit conversion choices
•Locally export and log weather data
•Customizable system tray icon/tooltip
•Dual tray icons for temperature and condition image
•Proxy server support
Download alternate Weather Watcher Live solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Weather Watcher Live software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the E-Learning and Hobby category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- ADDED: When using a Weather Underground weather station, the real-time weather will update more often if the selected weather station is updating frequently.
- FIXED: When using a Weather Underground weather station, the current conditions were sometimes being pulled from a nearby weather station when multiple weather stations are very close together.
- FIXED: When installing Weather Watcher Live for the first time, the slider in the "NOW" view at the bottom of the main Weather Watcher Live window was not toggling through the daily/hourly/moon views on click.
- FIXED: Tray icon color was sometimes not displaying the correct below/above freezing background color.
- FIXED: Various display issues in the Splendid skin.
Other versions : 7.0.66 7.0.50 7.0.47 7.0.41 7.0.39 7.0.37 7.0.36 7.0.34 7.0.33 7.0.30 7.0.29 6.1.28 6.1.26 6.1.23 6.1.20 6.1.18 6.1.17 6.1.15 6.1.12 6.1.03
- ADDED: Double-click the slider at the bottom of the "NOW" section of the main Weather Watcher Live window to toggle between days, hours and moons.
- ADDED: A new screen reader friendly interface skin named "TextOnly" is available in the "Skins" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.
- CHANGED: In the daily forecast, nighttime low temperatures were showing the low temperature for the entire day, rather than the low temperature for the night.
- CHANGED: When the Weather Watcher Live Options window is opened, the left menu now has focus. This change was made to make the Options window more screen reader friendly.
- FIXED: Rebuilt the DL.EXE application to resolve an issue where the DL.EXE process would remain in memory. When this happened, the WW.EXE process would often get stuck and use a continuous amount of CPU until restarted.
- FIXED: The thermometer on the main Weather Watcher Live window was not always displayed using the correct color.
- FIXED: After midnight EST, some weather stations were displaying daytime icons for nighttime hours in the hourly forecast.
- FIXED: When desktop magnets are loaded while an Internet connection is not available, the magnets were not loading at the proper size when an Internet connection returned and the magnet images were loaded.
- FIXED: The pressure unit was not displaying in the tooltip window.
- FIXED: Restored the links to the Opentopia world sunlight maps.
- FIXED: Made many changes to correct various weather data display issues in the main Weather Watcher Live window.
- FIXED: All severe alerts were being displayed for Weather Underground weather stations. The selected alerts in the "Severe Alerts" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window were being ignored.
- FIXED: Script error was appearing when resizing the main Weather Watcher Live window.
- FIXED: The complete daily forecast was not showing near the end of the month for Weather Underground weather stations.
- FIXED: Rebuilt parts of the Splendid2 interface skin to remove scripting that was causing the main window to improperly display all contents in the top, left corner of the main window.
- FIXED: Max wind was not displaying in the wind bar graph at the bottom of the "NOW" section of the main window for Weather Underground weather stations.
- FIXED: Tweaked weather station search to display additional Weather Underground weather stations.
- FIXED: Some Weather Underground weather stations were displaying a nighttime current condition icon during the day.
- ADDED: Press ALT+F4 to minimize/close the main Weather Watcher Live window.
- CHANGED: When a severe alert is available, click the "ALERTS" button at the top of the main Weather Watcher Live window to load the severe alert text into the main Weather Watcher Live window.
- FIXED: When updating the weather in real time, the max wind was resetting in the bar graph at the bottom of the main Weather Watcher Live window when automatically updating the interface with real time data.
- FIXED: Reduced the time it takes to show and refresh the main Weather Watcher Live when opening it from the system tray.
- FIXED: Incorrect moon phases were being displayed when in a time zone that does not observe daylight savings time.
- FIXED: Weather Underground weather stations were showing "N/A" for the daily forecast condition whenever there was a chance of snow.
- FIXED: An Internet Explorer message box was sometimes appearing when starting Weather Watcher Live using an old version of Internet Explorer.
- FIXED: Some Weather Underground weather stations were reporting negative wind speed values.
- FIXED: Synched the Weather Underground weather station temperatures in the daily forecast with the hourly forecast temperatures. In previous versions, the daily forecast was showing highs and lows that were far outside of actual recorded temperature range.
- FIXED: Weather Watcher Live was crashing when the "Use custom tray tooltip window location" box was checked in the "Tray Icon" --> "Tooltip" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.
- FIXED: Maps, news, and other Internet content not linking properly for WeatherBug weather stations.
- FIXED: Feels like temperature not displaying in the temperature bulb on the main Weather Watcher Live window when displaying temperature in Celsius.
- FIXED: Formatted bar graph values in main Weather Watcher Live window so only whole numbers are displayed.
- FIXED: Negative temperatures not rounding properly in the temperature bulb on the main Weather Watcher Live window.
- FIXED: As a result of a change made in version 7.0.33, the weather was not automatically updating when "Update in realtime" was selected in the "General" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window. After restarting Weather Watcher Live, the weather would update okay again until the first automatic realtime update occurred.
- FIXED: Made changes to the data downloader application (DL.EXE) to prevent situations where the application was stuck in a loop and/or not responding during weather updates.
- FIXED: Decreased the wait time between severe alert checks when the "Auto Update Rate" is set to "Update in realtime" in the "General" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window. Prior releases were waiting up to 15 minutes between checks.
- FIXED: Severe alerts were sometimes being bypassed because data was being downloaded from servers that did not contain current severe alert information.
- FIXED: Decreased the height of the Station Search window because the buttons at the bottom were displaying outside of the visible desktop area on systems running low resolutions.
- FIXED: If the Windows regional format is set to use a comma as the decimal symbol, then no weather stations were being returned when attempting to add a new weather station.
- CHANGED: Added check at startup to disable proxy connection if proxy settings have been setup in the Weather Watcher Live Options window and no proxy connection is currently available.
- FIXED: Daily forecast was sometimes not displaying in the "DAILY" section of the main Weather Watcher Live window.
- FIXED: Majority of the main Weather Watcher Live window was displaying blank after installing the IE 9 beta.
- FIXED: License data was not updating locally when the "Update license key" button was pressed in the "License" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.
- ADDED: A few more Tray Tooltip skins (new background images & text sizes).
- CHANGED: All available alerts are now displayed directly within the main Weather Watcher Live window when the red alert banner is clicked.
- FIXED: "R-" and "R+" was displaying in the non-skinned tooltip window when a rate of change was available (e.g. 20°FR+).
- FIXED: On new installations, the Weather Watcher Live window was not tall enough to prevent the bar graphs from overlapping the content in the top part of the window.
- FIXED: When viewing an international weather station, the hourly slider would appear at the bottom of the main Weather Watcher Live window when "Days" was selected in the "Slider Display" section of the Splendid/Splendid2 skin settings.
- FIXED: Part of the current condition was sometimes displaying in the "POP" column of the daily forecast.
- FIXED: Made some changes to prevent the daily forecast from displaying no data when the downloaded weather data was not properly formatted.
- FIXED: The Weather Watcher Live system tray icon was flashing and reloading when left-clicking the icon to display the main Weather Watcher Live window.
- FIXED: No data was being displayed in the "DAILY" section of the main Weather Watcher Live window for some weather stations.
- FIXED: The map image in the "NOW" section of the main Weather Watcher Live window was displaying as a red x when using the new Splendid2 "Map Image Link" skin setting.
- ADDED: Splendid2 skin setting to set the link for the map in the "NOW" section of the main Weather Watcher Live window.
- FIXED: The main Weather Watcher Live window was sometimes locking up after changing the settings in the "Conversion" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.
- FIXED: The pressure values in the pressure bar graph in the "NOW" section of the main Weather Watcher Live window now only displays a max of four digits in order to prevent the values from running together.
- FIXED: The bar graphs in the "NOW" section of the main Weather Watcher Live window were not staying hidden when switching between the NOW/HOURLY/DAILY views and the Splendid2 "Bar Graphs" setting was set to "Hide".
- ADDED: "Bar Graphs" setting in the Splendid2 settings window to hide/show the bar graphs at the bottom of the "NOW" section of the main Weather Watcher Live window.
- CHANGED: Made some performance-related changes to improve the processes involved in retrieving the weather data.
- FIXED: Weather Watcher Live About window now displays proper expiration date for lifetime licenses.
- ADDED: "Display balloon tip when weather station is unavailable" to "Advanced" section of Weather Watcher Live Options to allow the notification to be suppressed.
- ADDED: "Display upcoming daily conditions icons in tooltip" to "Advanced" section of Weather Watcher Live Options. If using the hourly icon option, daily icons will be displayed when viewing a weather station that is located outside of the US.
- ADDED: "Map Zoom Level" setting to the Splendid and Splendid2 skin settings to allow the map in the NOW section to be zoomed to different levels. Click the "SETTINGS" link at the bottom, right corner of the main Weather Watcher Live window to access the skin settings.
- ADDED: "Low" column in the Daily section of the Splendid2 skin for weather stations outside of the US.
- FIXED: The slider at the bottom of the Splendid and Splendid2 skins was not displaying icons when Internet Explorer 6 was installed. FYI, the best fix for this issue is to install the latest Windows updates (including all Internet Explorer updates).
- FIXED: In the Splendid2 skin, the "Currently" icon in the NOW section was displaying the icon for the current day instead of the current condition for weather stations outside of the US.
- FIXED: Wind speed was always displaying as "0" in the Splend2 skin's wind gauge when the Windows regional settings were using a comma for the tenths place separator.
- FIXED: If using a Tray Icon skin of PNG images, the current condition icon (if enabled) was displaying the temperature in the system tray instead of the condition icon. To work around this issue, the WeatherBug Tray Icon skin's icons will automatically be used whenever a PNG Tray Icon skin is selected.
- ADDED: Day names to daily slider in "NOW" section of main Weather Watcher Live window for international weather stations.
- ADDED: "Tray Icon" dropdown to the "Skins" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window to allow the icons to be changed in the tooltip window.
- ADDED: Eight new icon sets. These icons can be selected in the "Skins" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.
- ADDED: New log/export/skin tags: [TEMP ROUND], [TEMP DEGREE ROUND], [TEMP PLAIN ROUND], [TEMP PLAIN NOT CONVERTED ROUND], [TEMP RETURN ROUND], [TEMP PARENS ROUND], [OBSERVED DATETIME], [DOWNLOADED DATETIME]
- ADDED: Splendid2 forecast skin.
- ADDED: Click the weather station name at the top, left of the main Weather Watcher Live window to change the weather station.
- ADDED: When available, the tooltip window will display an up or down arrow to indicate the rate of change for temperature, humidity and pressure. The rate of change is available for most WeatherBug weather stations.
- CHANGED: When running the Weather Watcher Live installer/uninstaller, Weather Watcher Live will automatically shut down if running.
- CHANGED: Redesigned "Severe Alerts" section of Weather Watcher Live Options window to allow alerts to be enabled/disabled by type.
- FIXED: A few of the WSI maps links were pointing to outdated images.
- FIXED: Made changes necessary to allow new forecast skins to be selected in the "Skins" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.
- FIXED: Celsius temperatures were not displaying tenths when the "Display tenths for Celsius temperatures" box was checked in the "Advanced" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.
- FIXED: When searching for US locations, non-US locations are no longer displayed in search results (and vice versa). This change was made to ensure the selected weather station links to the correct WeatherBug map, and other WeatherBug.com pages.
- FIXED: Old severe alerts were being cached and displayed after they have expired.
- FIXED: The barometer gauge was not always displaying the correct color -- indicating an incorrect direction of change.
- FIXED: The color band on the barometer gauge was not always displaying at the level that matched the value in the center of the gauge.
- FIXED: Adjusted the timing of the tray tooltip window to prevent it from opening when single/double left-clicking the Weather Watcher Live system tray icon.
- ADDED: You can now access personal weather stations (PWS) that are part of the WeatherBug Backyard weather station network. If you own a PWS, you can add it at: http://www.weatherbug.com/backyard
- CHANGED: Registered Weather Watcher Live users will no longer be prompted to install the Ask Toolbar when upgrading to new versions of Weather Watcher Live.
- FIXED: The machine id was not displaying properly in the "License" section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window for some users. This was preventing the license key from being entered.
- FIXED: Some users were being prompted to register before the 30-day trial period had been reached.
- FIXED: The temperature in the large bulb of the main Weather Watcher Live window was not rounding properly after applying real-time weather updates.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Weather Watcher Live 7.0.78 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 7.1.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 8.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Weather Watcher Live description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(4.27MB, Extension: EXE)