Singular is a computer algebra system for polynomial computations, with special emphasis on commutative and non-commutative algebra, algebraic geometry, and singularity theory. It is free and open-source under the GNU General Public Licence.
* highly efficient core algorithms,
* a multitude of advanced algorithms in the above fields,
* an intuitive, C-like programming language,
* easy ways to make it user-extendible through libraries, and
* a comprehensive online manual and help function.
Its main computational objects are ideals, modules and matrices over a large number of baserings. These include
* polynomial rings over various ground fields and some rings (including the integers),
* localizations of the above,
* a general class of non-commutative algebras (including the exterior algebra and the Weyl algebra),
* quotient rings of the above,
* tensor products of the above.
Singular`s core algorithms handle
* Gröbner resp. standard bases and free resolutions,
* polynomial factorization,
* resultants, characteristic sets, and numerical root finding.
Its advanced algorithms, contained in currently more than 90 libraries, address topics such as absolute factorization, algebraic D-modules, classification of singularities, deformation theory, Gauss-Manin systems, Hamburger-Noether (Puiseux) development, invariant theory, (non-) commutative homological algebra, normalization, primary decomposition, resolution of singularities, and sheaf cohomology.
(115MB, Extension: EXE)
Download alternate to Singular solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Singular software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the E-Learning and Hobby category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
-Added menu item to repeat last scan.
-Added menu item to show last results.
-Only available in English, Japanese and Italian.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Singular 4-0-2 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 4-0-2 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 4-0-3 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Singular description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).