Mesquite is software for evolutionary biology, designed to help biologists analyze comparative data about organisms. Its emphasis is on phylogenetic analysis, but some of its modules concern population genetics, while others do non-phylogenetic multivariate analysis. Because it is modular, the analyses available depend on the modules installed. Analyses include:
- Reconstruction of ancestral states (parsimony, likelihood)
- Tests of process of character evolution, including correlation
- Analysis of speciation and extinction rates
- Simulation of character evolution (categorical, DNA, continuous)
- Parametric bootstrapping (integration with programs such as PAUP* and NONA)
- Morphometrics (PCA, CVA, geometric morphometrics)
- Coalescence (simulations, other calculations)
- Tree comparisons and simulations (tree similarity, Markov speciation models)
There is a brief outline of features, which includes screenshots. Mesquite is not primarily designed to infer phylogenetic trees, but rather for diverse analyses using already inferred trees.
Download alternate Mesquite solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Mesquite software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the E-Learning and Hobby category.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Mesquite 2.75 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 2.76 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 3.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Mesquite description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(11.7MB, Extension: EXE)