SLIC - Software Lifecycle Construction End user license agreement
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR SLIC - SOFTWARE LIFECYCLE CONSTRUCTION
IMPORTANT- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: BY INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE (AS DEFINED
BELOW), COPYING THE SOFTWARE AND/OR CLICKING ON THE `ACCEPT` BUTTON BELOW,
YOU (EITHER ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR ON BEHALF OF AN ENTITY AS
ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE) AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS END USER
LICENSE AGREEMENT (`AGREEMENT`) REGARDING YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU
DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK ON THE `NO` OR
`CANCEL` BUTTON. THIS WILL CANCEL THE INSTALLATION.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE:
Subject to the terms below, Talon Computing hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable
license to install and to use SLIC - SOFTWARE LIFECYCLE CONSTRUCTION (`Software`).
Under this license, you may:
* install and use the Software on a single computer
* copy the Software for back-up or archival purposes,
* distribute the SLIC - SOFTWARE LIFECYCLE CONSTRUCTION installation program in unmodified
form to anyone.
In order to legally use this software the following requirements need to be adhered to:
* Installation of the Software requires an installation license.
* Before the Software may be used, it needs to be activated and an activation license is required.
Whether you are licensing the Software as an individual or on behalf of an entity, you may not
* reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software or attempt to discover the source code;
* modify, or create derivative works based upon, the Software in whole or in part without the express
written consent of Talon Computing;
* remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software;
* resell, lease, rent, transfer, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software.
* You may not distribute the software licenses (original or backup copies) to others (computers or end-
* You may not use the same license on more than one machine.
2. SLIC - SOFTWARE LIFECYCLE CONSTRUCTION:
You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the Software is transferred to you. Title,
ownership, rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Software shall remain that of Talon
Computing . The Software is protected by copyright and patent laws of South Africa and international
3. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY:
YOU AGREE THAT TALON COMPUTING HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, ORAL OR
WRITTEN, TO YOU REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE BEING
PROVIDED TO YOU `AS IS` WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TALON COMPUTING
DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, OR
STATUTORY. YOUR RIGHTS MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE STATE IN WHICH YOU LIVE.
TALON COMPUTING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, COVER,
RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
YOU USE THIS PROGRAM SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL TALON
COMPUTING BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
LOSS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND
ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF TALON COMPUTING HAS BEEN
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL TALON COMPUTING
BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF
LIABILITY, EXCEED THE COST OF THE SOFTWARE. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY TO
CLAIMS OF PERSONAL INJURY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
This Agreement shall terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described in this
Agreement. No notice shall be required to effectuate such termination. Upon termination, you must
remove and destroy all copies of the Software.
6.1 Sever ability
In the event of invalidity of any provision of this Agreement, the parties agree that such invalidity shall
not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this Agreement.
6.2 Entire Agreement
You agree that this is the entire agreement between you and Talon Computing, which supersedes any
prior agreement, whether written or oral, and all other communications between Talon Computing and
you relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
6.3 Reservation of rights
All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by Talon Computing.