AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys). AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying "runtimes" required!
AutoIt was initially designed for PC "roll out" situations to reliably automate and configure thousands of PCs. Over time it has become a powerful language that supports complex expressions, user functions, loops and everything else that veteran scripters would expect.
Features:- Easy to learn BASIC-like syntax
- Simulate keystrokes and mouse movements
- Manipulate windows and processes
- Interact with all standard windows controls
- Scripts can be compiled into standalone executables
- Create Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs)
- COM support
- Regular expressions
- Directly call external DLL and Windows API functions
- Scriptable RunAs functions- Detailed helpfile and large community-based support forums
- Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Win7
- Unicode support
- Digitally signed for peace of mind
- Works with Windows Vista's User Account Control (UAC)
AutoIt has been designed to be as small as possible and stand-alone with no external .dll files or registry entries required making it safe to use on Servers. Scripts can be compiled into stand-alone executables with Aut2Exe.
Also supplied is a combined COM and DLL version of AutoIt called AutoItX that allows you to add the unique features of AutoIt to your own favourite scripting or programming languages!
Download alternate AutoIt solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to AutoIt software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Other versions : 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206
- Fixed: RunAs() and RunAsWait() now use @SystemDir as the working directory instead of @WorkingDir when a user-supplied working directory is not specified.
- Fixed: contextmenuitem not firing events.
- Fixed: Icon transparency refresh when on tab regression.
- Fixed: RunAs() under Windows 2000.
- 64bit (x64) versions of AutoIt, Aut2Exe, Au3Info and AutoItX.
- DllCallbackRegister(), DllCallbackGetPtr() and DllCallbackFree()
- DllCall() now accept doubles, int64, uint64, wparam and lparam types.
- Bug fixes.
1) General speed improvements (up to 24% in some cases compared to 220.127.116.11).
2) wchar type added to DllStructCreate().
3) Added: WinMove() speed parameter.
4) Bug fixes.
1) Enhanced Unicode support
2) General performance improvements
3) Bug fixes
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the AutoIt 18.104.22.168 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 22.214.171.124 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 126.96.36.199 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full AutoIt description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(7.03MB, Extension: EXE)