GameSave Manager 3.0
Ever had to format your system?
Perhaps you have been victim of file corruption which also victimised your gamesaves?
Maybe you just wish to transfer your gamesave(s) to your new machine, or to take with you to a friend`s?
With GameSave Manager, you can easily backup, restore and transfer your gamesave(s).
No longer do you need to manually track through all of the those different directories to backup/restore/transfer your gamesaves, making it great for those who like to share gamesave progress with friends/family, format frequently, paranoid about data loss, etc... Feature List:
- 100% FREE No catch, no adware, no spyware... Just 100% free.
- No dependances GameSave Manager doesn`t need things like .NET Framework installed to run.
- Attractive yet easy to use GUI The GUI (Graphical User Interface) was designed around navigation and ease of use. Ontop of that, it looks quite pretty.
- Built-in Update Checker Completely optional: Check for Program (and Database) updates upon Program Startup.
- Regular Database Updates The "Officially Supported Games" database is forever growing, thus it`s always being updated.
This database is based upon the community`s feedback.
- FTP Support Automatically upload your backups to your own private FTP Server upon their creation.
- 7-Zip Support Enable 7-Zip support for theorecticaly shorter backup times.
- Backup Validation Checks if the specified Backup Archive can be restored without issue by running tests and caching each gamesave.
This feature runs by default upon a Backup Archive being created.
- DropBox Support Automatically backup your gamesaves to your "DropBox Sync Directory", allowing you to store your backups effortlessly in your DropBox Account.
- Sync & Link Move your gamesaves to your "DropBox Sync Directory", while creating Symbolic Links in their original place allowing for true "on-the-cloud" gamesaves.
Haven`t got DropBox? Then move your gamesaves to one directory on your system for easier access.
Running Windows XP? Then NTFS Junctions will be used.
- Scheduled Tasks Setup automated backups to run at whatever day / time you wish.
- Custom Gamesave Entries Got a game that`s not supported? Simply add them yourself via "Custom Gamesave Entries".
- Steam Spreader Got an SSD? Running out of space on your Steam Partition?
Use "Steam Spreader" to move entire Steam-purchased games onto other partitions and drives (on a per game basis) while creating Symbolic Links to their new locations, allowing you to get the max out of your SSD with your favourite game(s).
Running Windows XP? Then NTFS Junctions will be used instead.
- Dynamic Restoring GameSave Manager dynamically detects restore paths, allowing you to restore gamesaves on your PC even if you`ve installed the games in a different directory / drive than before.
- Transfer gamesaves Quickly and easily share gamesaves with friends and family.
- Highly Customisable Loads of Program Settings you can adjust, allowing you to configure GameSave Manager to your own specific needs.
- Seperate Archives Optionally create seperate Backup Archives for each gamesave selected.
- Backup upon change Only create a new backup when/if the gamesave has been modified since the last backup (only works with "Create separate archives").
Download alternate GameSave Manager solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to GameSave Manager software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- FIXED: v3.x backups failing to restore 'registry data' during a 'Restore Task'
- FIXED: Minor UI glitch on 'Restore Gamesave(s)' page
- FIXED: Backup Archives being wrongfully flagged as containing older files (when 'Create a new archive upon file change' option is used)
- FIXED: 'settings.ini' not being updated with new options after updating to a newer release with additional options (such as this release)
- FIXED: 'First Run' issue caused when the user doesn't have required permission to write to the settings directory
- FIXED: Issue regarding querying databases when said database failed to be created
- FIXED: Failed restores sometimes not being correctly logged
- FIXED: 'Sync & Link' logs sometimes containing 'translation errors'
- FIXED: 'Administratraive rights required' dialog not being displayed if 'settings.ini' wasn't writable in last program update
- ADDED: Restorable 'registry data' is now listed within the 'Detected Entries' list, allowing for greater control of your 'Restore Tasks'
- ADDED: Option to specify the sub-folder to use for Sync & Link tasks (specify via 'Program Settings->Task Specific->Sync & Link')
- ADDED: Ability to double-click directory items in the 'Detected Entries' list on the 'Restore' and 'Sync & Link' pages (same behaviour as 'Backup' page)
- ADDED: 'Debug Mode' now generates a complete list of missing entries during a Database Update
- ADDED: Routine to check if user has required rights to apply a Database Update, modify settings, etc.
- ADDED: Option to sort detected entries by the date they were last modified / added to the database (via 'Program Settings->Detection Configuration')
- ADDED: 'Global Settings' (via First Run dialog); allows user to specify to store settings and 'Official Entries' database in AppData (by default they'll continue to be stored within launch directory for portability)
- ALTERED: 'Default Program Settings' now specifies to hide the 7zip command window from the user (many people requested this)
- ALTERED: Default 'cache directory' to append the '$$ CacheDir $$' subfolder
- Minor re-wording for log files; 'Collecting MD5 File Hashes...' to 'Collecting MD5 checksums...'
- Logs are now opened within GameSave Manager (when the user specifies to view the log after a failed task and after a 'forcibily started' scheduled task)
- Latest Database Update included...
- ALTERED: 'Blades of Time' entry to only backup specific files (.blk)
- ALTERED: 'Borderlands 2' entry to only backup saves and config (separate directory entries)
- ALTERED: 'Doom 3' entry to include 'DoomConfig.cfg' file
- ALTERED: 'Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone (GOG Edition)' entry to only backup 'sav' and 'cfg' files
- ALTERED: 'Spec Ops: The Line' entry to include 'Steam Cloud' data
- ADDED: Alternative entry for 'Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil'
- ADDED: Alternative entry for 'Ys Origin'
- FIXED: Detection issue with 'Divine Divinity'
- FIXED: Detection issue with 'Plants Vs Zombies' due to duplicate entries
- Added compatibility for the following game(s):
- Carrier Command
- Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
- Flight Control HD
- Hearts of Iron 3
- I Am Alive
- Jagged Alliance: Crossfire
- LEGO Racers 2
- NBA 2K13
- The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Gold Edition
- Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Zen Bound 2
Other versions : 2.3 (Build 687)
v2.3 (Build 687) [05-25-11]
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the GameSave Manager 3.0 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 3.1 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 4.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full GameSave Manager description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(8.53MB, Extension: HTML@S=DOWNLOAD&A=DL)