- Automatic backup of any additions or changes to your backup set
- Securely synchronize folders across multiple computers and operating systems using our free online sync
- Discretely share selected folders with friends, family, colleagues, and clients
- Easily access all of your data from any device within your SpiderOak network or on the web
- Privately store data on your SpiderOak network
- Backup desktops, laptops, servers and network drives with one online service
- For a more in depth look into each service: click here
10-15 Times Faster Data Upload
- Greatly reduce backup & sync time through comprehensive compression and advanced de-duplication (saving you time)
- You are only charged for the compressed de-duplicated data amount (saving you money)
Mac, Windows & Linux Compatible Online Backup and Sync
- Complete cross-platform support - one consolidated online backup account
- Backup data from different devices, external hard-drives, network drives, USB keys, and other forms of removable media in your SpiderOak network
- You only pay for the amount of data after compression and de-duplication - Backup more data cheaper!
Consolidated Online Storage
- Centralize ALL your data across all platforms and devices
- Simple interface allows for access to all every file stored within your SpiderOak network
- No more need to pay for and manage several online backup accounts
Save all your Historical Versions
- Storage of complete version history of every file - accessible by date-stamp - just in case you accidentally save over a file or would like to go back in time
- Deleted files stored in the `Recycle` bin just in case an accidental deletion occurs
- Due to de-duplication, the work of retaining historical versions is done quickly and effectively
Complete Privacy Guaranteed
- SpiderOak never stores or knows a user`s password or the plaintext encryption keys which means not even SpiderOak employees can access the data
- Our zero-knowledge privacy approach means we can never betray the trust of our users
Download alternate SpiderOak solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to SpiderOak software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
| Zero-knowledge | Windows | Undelete | Osx | Online Sync | Online Storage | Online Backup | Online Access | Multi-platform | Mobile Access | Mac | Historical Versioning | Hard Drive Crash | Free Storage | File Version | File Recover | Android |
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- New Features:
- SpiderOak Hive: We adopted a simple approach to syncing data across all devices by creating the SpiderOak Hive folder. Simply drag and drop files or folders into this folder and they will automatically sync to your other devices.
- OS Integration for Windows (Mac and Linux soon to follow): Granting right-click access functions via Explorer now allows you to backup, share, and view historical versions.
- ShareRoom Enhancement: Users can now add passwords to their ShareRooms which adds an additional layer of security when sharing important files.
- Remote Diagnostics: We added a capability for remote diagnostics to help when troubleshooting problems with customer support. This option is disabled by default. You must explicitly enabled it. Diagnostic reports consist of metadata such as program and OS version information, file system types, program log files, folder and file names. Reports do not include backup data, passwords, or encryption information.
- ShareRoom Enhancement: We added clarification to the ShareRoom creation wizard
- LAN sync: Fixed a bug with LAN sync, allowing the client to recover from certain error conditions
- UI / View Tab: Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the UI to erroneously disable the View tab in the client after displaying the "out of space" popup window.
- AppIndicator framework: Switch system tray icon to use AppIndicator framework on Ubuntu.
- Backup: Fixed a bug which prevents category size indicator on basic backup tab from updating without restarting the client
- Downloads: Fixed a bug that prevented downloads from resuming after a network failure.
- Uninstalling SpiderOak: Fixed a bug on Windows which reports publisher info as 'unknown' when uninstalling SpiderOak
- Sync: Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented sync from detecting a moved folder properly, instead considering it a deletion
- Backup: Fixed a bug causing backup to fail under a very rare edge case
Other versions : 4.8.4 4.8.3 4.8.1 4.8.0 4.7.9948 22.214.171.12446 4.3.9917
- Fix a bug causing upgrade from one version of 4.8.x series to a newer one to fail on Windows.
- 6 December 2012: 4.8.3 (General Release)
- Fix a bug preventing the client from opening the web browser on some Linux setups
- Fix further bugs causing warnings when installing through Ubuntu Software Center
- 24 November 2012: 4.8.1 (General Release, Mac only)
- Fix an issue where non-administrator user accounts could not run the program on Mac
- 6 November 2012: 4.8.0 (Beta Release)
- Fixed bug causing synchronizations to not work correctly under Windows XP in certain situations
- Re-built the Windows installation file as MSI for greater flexibility and installation user management
- Fixed bug causing recycle bin downloads to fail
- Fixed bug causing custom download locations for file-restores not to work correctly
- Fixed bug causing un-installation to require reboot under Windows
- Fix minor bugs affecting the preview generator
- Fix a bug causing the program to crash when attempting to create a sync with an entire drive in Windows
- Fix bug causing single files selected for backup (ie. not part of a folder which is selected for backup) to not be monitored for immediate changes
- Fix sync bug causing subfolder contents not to be synced in some circumstances
- Fix bug causing download manager to display incorrect download size in some circumstances
- Fix rare startup bug on non-english platforms
- Improve sync feedback handling
- Fix a bug causing client to hang in some circumstances when purging historical versions.
- Fix a bug preventing image previews from updating after deduplication.
- Fix local copy feature.
- Add --generate-previews command line option for generating previews for historical versions.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the SpiderOak 5.0 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 5.1 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 6.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full SpiderOak description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(17.6MB, Extension: IRECTDOWNLOAD@PLATFORM=WIN&ARCH=I386)