WinContig is an easy-to-use stand-alone defragmentation tool that doesn`t create any installation directories or Registry entries on your computer. Its purpose is to quick defrag files without the need to defrag the whole disk. In addition, WinContig allows you to group files into profiles, and also it accepts a number of optional command-line switches that you can use to control how the program operates.
WinContig is a standalone executable, and it doesn`t require any installation process or additional DLLs. In order to start using it, just extract the contents of the ZIP archive to any folder you like, and run it.
WinContig is released as freeware for personal and commercial use.
Download alternate WinContig solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to WinContig software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- Updated the Afrikaans and Vietnamese language modules.
Other versions : 1.15 1.10.00 1.05.03 1.05.01 1.05 1.00 1.00 RC2
- [User Requested Feature] Added the ability to analyze/defragment only the items selected in the upper pane of the main window.
- [User Requested Feature] Added the Most Recently Used Profiles List.
- Defragmentation of files placed on FAT16 volumes could lead to a crash. Fixed.
- Fixed a crash that could occasionally occur shortly after pressing the defragmentation button.
- Two or more consecutive defragmentations could lead to a crash. Fixed. Many thanks to Marc Corbeil who pointed it out.
- Added the Georgian language file.
- When using the /NOGUI switch, WinContig could provide wrong exit codes. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to a crash during the analysis/defragmentation process.
- Added new command line switches.
- Many thanks to Steve for his commendable support.
- Fixed a GDI resource leak that could lead to screen corruption. Many thanks to Marc Klenotic who pointed it out.
- Some parts of the Russian language module were not correctly loaded. Fixed. Many thanks to Dmitry Yerokhin who pointed it out.
- Loading of the Swedish language module could lead to a crash. Fixed. Many thanks to Peter Runesson who pointed it out.
- Disk checking has been enhanced.
- Cleaning of temporary files has been enhanced.
- Filtering of items has been enhanced.
- Now SSD disks are automatically skipped from the analyze/defragment process.
- WinContig now uses progress indicator displayed on the taskbar button under Windows 7.
- Added the "Last Modified Date" and "Attributes" columns to the items list.
- Some minor graphic improvements.
v1.00 RC2 [05-23-11]
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the WinContig 1.15a changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 1.15b version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 2.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full WinContig description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(0.78MB, Extension: ZIP)