7-Zip is open source software. Most of the source code is under the GNU LGPL license. The unRAR code is under a mixed license: GNU LGPL + unRAR restrictions. Check license information here: 7-Zip license.
You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization. You don`t need to register or pay for 7-Zip.
The main features of 7-Zip
* High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
* Supported Formats:o Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
o Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z.
* For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
* Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
* Self-extracting capability for 7z format
* Integration with Windows Shell
* Powerful File Manager
* Powerful command line version
* Plugin for FAR Manager
* Localizations for 74 languages
Download alternate 7-Zip solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to 7-Zip software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Other versions : 9.22 4.65
- 7-Zip File Manager now can calculate SHA-256 checksum. - Some bugs were fixed.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the 7-Zip 9.20 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 9.21 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 10.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full 7-Zip description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(1MB, Extension: EXE)