Core Temp 1.0 RC3
Core Temp is a compact, no fuss, small footprint program to monitor CPU temperature.
Now Windows Vista and Windows 7 ready! (x86 and x64)
The uniqueness of it is that it shows the temperature of each individual core in each processor in your system! You can see in real time how the CPU temperature varies when you load your CPU. It`s also completely motherboard independent.
Intel and AMD recently published detailed, public information about the "DTS" (Digital Thermal Sensor), which provides much higher accuracy and more relevant temperature reading than the standard thermal diode sensors do. (How does it work?).
This feature is supported on all Intel Core and Core 2 based processors as well as the whole AMD`s Athlon64 line of CPUs. For a full list of supported CPUs see the CPU Support List.
Note: AMD Phenom is supported, but it does not report absolute temperature. More on this in How does it work?.
Core Temp also has a logging feature, allowing a user to easily record the temperature of his processor(s) over any period of time, then the data can be easily transferred into an excel datasheet for easy graphing.
Core Temp works on Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista (both 32bit and 64bit versions).
Thanks to CoolIT Systems for providing a digitally signed Core Temp driver which now works on all Vista versions.
Download alternate to Core Temp solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Core Temp software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
1.0 RC3 [02-03-12]
*** Core Temp Monitor is now available, an Android app to monitor your machines from anywhere in the world! More information can be found here
- New: Multilingual interface. Core Temp now natively supports adding non-English languages.
- New: Plugin system - 3rd party developers can now create plugins and extensions for Core Temp, both native code and .Net is supported, please see this for more information.
- New: Added support for Intel Pentium and AMD K5 and newer processors. (detection only, Temperature by Acpi Thermalzones)
- New: Added support for VIA processors. (C3 - detection only, Temperature by Acpi Thermalzones)
- New: Intel Sandy Bridge (SB & SB-E) and AMD Bulldozer and Fusion (Brazos, Llano) support.
- New: Max TDP detection on supporting processors.
- New: Power consumption on Intel's Sandy Bridge (SB & SB-E) processors.
- Fix: All of the user reported bugs and many more unreported problems.
- Update: Optimized the startup code, Core Temp should now launch 2 to 4 times faster.
- Update: Optimized many other aspects of the code, Core Temp should now consume much less CPU time than before.
- Update: Restored support for older OS: Windows XP is now fully supported, Windows 2000 requires security updates KB935839, KB835732 and GDI+. In some cases hotfix KB816542 may be needed as well.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Core Temp 1.0 RC3 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 1.0 RC4 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 2.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Core Temp description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(0.17MB, Extension: ZIP)