Recuva is a new file recovery tool that will unerase files that you have mistakenly deleted from your computer.
It's fast, small and will run from a USB drive. It also supports most digital cameras card formats, so you can restore those images you accidentally deleted!
This software is now out of the beta testing phase so you can comfortably download it and use it in a commercial environment.
Recuva is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!
Download alternate Recuva solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Recuva software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Other versions : 1.46.919 1.45.858 1.44.778 1.43.623 1.42.544 1.40.525 1.39.509 1.38.504 1.37.488 1.36.479 v1.30.460 1.30.435 1.29.429 1.28.424 1.27.419 1.26.416 1.25.409
- Improved Deep Scan for exFAT and FAT. - Added folder scan to Windows Explorer context menus. - Added new file extensions to filters. - Improved accuracy of scan statistics. - Improved usability of folder browser. - Improved uninstallation of menu items. - Fixed minor bug in secure overwrite on exFAT file systems. - Minor improvements to the recovery wizard. - Minor GUI improvements.
- Added support for 3TB external drives. - Added support for hard disks with 4 KB sectors. - Improved secure overwrite performance. - Improved NTFS deep scan recovery reliability. - Added VHD drive image creation for system drives (Pro Version). - Fixed a minor bug with opening VHD images in Windows. - Minor GUI improvements.
- Improved recovery for files larger than 1 GB. - Faster scrolling when >1 million files in the file list. - Improved Outlook Express data file recovery. - Added Recover menu option to the Recycle Bin. - Added support for mini-SD cards. - Added VHD drive image creation. (Pro Version) - exFAT drive labels are now correctly detected. - Improved support for files with Alternate Data Streams. - Added support for USB drives mounted as the A: drive. - Added Indonesian and Serbian Latin languages. - Minor GUI improvements.
- Added recovery of Alternate Data Streams. - Improved support for files larger than 4GB. - Filters are now applied dynamically with significant improvement in memory usage. - Filters added to "Save as file list" feature. - NTFS permissions are now reported correctly. - Improved reporting for failed zero byte files. - Improved accuracy of recovery potential for JPEGs. - Improved handling of free space during recovery. - Improved support for multiple monitors. - Minor GUI improvements.
- Re-architected deep scan algorithm for JPGs and PNGs. - Improved file searching on Windows 2008 R2. - Improved support for Windows 8. - Added Export file list feature. - Improved keyboard navigation support. - Fixed rare crash on XP during FAT scan. - Improved memory usage for high volume drives. - Minor bug fixes.
- Added support for Windows 7 SP1. - Added support for BartPE recovery CD. - Improved file recovery from Apple iPods. - Improved error handling on drives >1TB. - More efficient memory usage when >1M files are found. - Better handling of files that have lost file type. - Added support for Kurdish language. - Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed bug that caused "Unable to read MFT" error. - Improved support for exFAT drives. - Improved support for Windows 7. - Added mnemonics to the Wizard. - Extended logging for Windows 7 64-bit. - Added link to Online Help. - Fixed bug that could cause analysis fail on U3 drives. - Minor bug fixes.
- Added ability to restore images to the clipboard. - Improved Windows 7 support. - Improved stability of background checking. - Updated all internal URL references to piriform.com. - Improved support for PDFs in deep scan. - Updated setup routine to install for all users. - Updated and simplified the installer.
- Improved support for scrolling context menu. - Improved language support. - Improved context menu in info panel. - Minor changes to recovery algorithms. - Minor UI changes.
- Improved reliability of FAT32 disk scanning. - Improved 64-bit EXE memory usage. - Improved screen resize to avoid hiding controls. - Improved use of mnemonics in Wizard screen. - Better support for accessibility users. - Minor tweaks and fixes.
- Added recovery of emails from Outlook Express.
- Added recover of emails from Windows Mail.
- Added 'Email' filter.
- Fixed bug that could cause secure delete to fail in list view.
- Various bug fixes.
v1.30.435 - Added recovery of emails from Outlook Express. - Added recover of emails from Windows Mail. - Added 'Email' filter. - Fixed bug that could cause secure delete to fail in list view. - Various bug fixes. View full version history...
v1.29.429 - Added recovery of deleted Thunderbird emails. - Added support for Nikon RAW in Deep Scan. - Improved support of exFAT drives. - Improved recovery of JPG images from NTFS drives. - Various minor tweaks. View full version history...
v1.28.424 - Added native 64-bit support. - Added support for exFAT drives. - Improved Windows 7 support. - Fixed browse issue with the Wizard in Win98. - Fixed a few other Win98 issues. - Minor UI tweaks. View full version history...
v1.27.419 - Improvements to Wizard browse dialog. - Complete rewrite of PDF and RTF deep scan detection methods. - Fixed display bug for status icons in low-color. - Scan speed optimizations. - Various UI tweaks. View full version history...
v1.26.416 - Added 'Time remaining' indication to the progress dialog. - Added support for CRW (Canon RAW) files to the deep scan. - Fixed issue that could cause some FAT 32 files to not be securely deleted. - Improved error handling. - Various UI changes. View full version history...
v1.25.409 - iPod track names are now restored. - Improved UI stability when working with very large files. - Improved handling of floppies on early Windows OSs. - Various tweaks to UI for non-English languages. - Scan optimizations. - Various minor tweaks. View full version history...
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Recuva 1.47.949 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 1.48.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 2.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Recuva description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(0.65MB, Extension: EXE)