D-Fend Reloaded 1.3.3
In some way D-Fend Reloaded is a successor of the discontinued software D-Fend. Both environments look alike and D-Fend Reloaded contains all the features of D-Fend. Even the D-Fend config files are compatible with the current program. However, unlike D-Fend, D-Fend Reloaded is open source.
The D-Fend Reloaded installer provides everything you need to run old DOS games (D-Fend Reloaded GUI, DOSBox, language files, FreeDos commandline tools). During the first start of D-Fend Reloaded everything is set up automatically.
D-Fend Reloaded contains many service tools to keep the overview even in large game archives. Games can be filtered by categories like genre and year of publication, you can also conduct find-as-you-type searches. For every game you can setup a data folder for manuals etc
Besides using the normal profile editor, new profiles may be added by the profile wizard. Additionally templates for different game types are integrated which need only the name and the path of the game as input.
D-Fend Reloaded collects all information regarding a certain program in its profile (program directory, screenshot directory, manual directory, icon file etc.). Therefore complete games may be deinstalled using D-Fend Reloaded and games can be copied from one installation to another. D-Fend Reloaded is also able to build installer packes to transfer games to other computers. (To use this feature you need NSIS.) Additionally complete games can be packed to zip and 7z files by the builtin zip support for archiving or transfering
Download alternate D-Fend Reloaded solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to D-Fend Reloaded software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- Updated DOSZip from 2.35 to 2.44.
- The mobygames data read can read the game description now, too.
- Added an option to disable file checksums for multiple profiles at once to the multiple profiles editor.
- New tree structure filter section "Recently started" will list the last 50 games started.
- Added a new "Recently started" section to the tray area D-Fend Reloaded icon context menu listing the last 10 started games.
- Improved the mount and imgmount command interpreter which is used to scan the [autoexec] sections of imported conf files.
- [Fix] Starting programs from Windows game profiles that need admin rights did not work.
- [Fix] When configuration additional program files only the first 20 entries will be stored.
- [Fix] The game wizard will setup a screenshots folder for Windows games now, too.
- [Fix] The function to get the current screensaver status (for disabling the screensaver as long DOSBox is running) could rise an exception.
- [Fix] Downloading cover images from mobygames failed when manually adding a game and trying to download images before saving the new profile for the first time.
Other versions : 1.3.2 1.3.1 1.3.0 1.2.1 1.2.0 1.1.0
- Updated Italian language file.
- Updated French and French Canada language files.
- Updated German language file.
- Updated DOSZip from 2.33 to 2.35.
- Updated German and Italian DOSBox language files.
- When downloading images from mobygames, now also screenshots will be loaded. Additionally the maximum number of covers and screenshots to be download per profile have been increased from 10 to 25.
- The mobygames data read is now downloading up to 8 files parallel, which results in a significant speed up when downloading cover images.
- Now up to 50 additional program file can be specified per profile.
- The video RAM size now can be set up via the GUI for custom DOSBox builts not using the videoram key in the [vga] section, too.
- Improved initial screen position for the quick starter window.
- Some smaller improvements to the automatic checksum collector for templates.
- [Fix] The uninstall dialog offered to remove the whole game folder if there was only one profile next to the "DOSBox DOS" profile and this profile used a program or setup file located directly in the games folder.
- [Fix] For some auto setup templates the user game information list on the game information page of the new profile wizard showed an additional empty line.
- Korean language file (thanks to Decon).
- Updated Italian language file.
- Updated French and French Canada language files.
- Updated DOSZip from 2.27 to 2.33.
- When showing the DOSBox conf file / ScummVM ini file D-Fend Reloaded will add the command line parameters used when starting DOSBox / ScummVM as a comment in the file.
- The file icon of the emulator program file will be used when displaying the user-defined emulators in the profile filter tree now.
- Improved auto detection of ScummVM when installing ScummVM after installation of D-Fend Reloaded.
- [Fix] User-defined command line parameters were ignored when running ScummVM.
- [Fix] Hiding the ScummVM console did not work on newer ScummVM versions.
- [Fix] Error message when adding a ScummVM based game via the wizard and not "Show all pages" was selected on the first page of the wizard.
- [Fix] Changing settings on the DOSBox CVS features page of the program settings dialog could damage default values for render modes etc.
- [Fix] Some labels in the profile editor were not large enough for the Italian translation.
- Updated FreeDOS from 1.0 to 1.1 (full installer only).
- Updated DOSZip from 2.17 to 2.27.
- Menu item in profiles menu and profile context menu: Open file in program files folder.
- Service section of setup dialog: Reset all profiles to template.
- New "Open DOSBox prompt in program folder" context menu and profile menu item.
- The floppy/harddisk image file creator can diretly create a profiles for booting the created image file in DOSBox.
- Now the floppy/harddisk image file creator can add Doszip to image files.
- New option not to repack the archive file when the game quits when using an archive file as a drive.
- Improved detection whether a program is using DOS4GW or not.
- Better disk image type auto detection when extracting files from an image file.
- Improved checksum usage when searching for new game in the games folder.
- [Fix] When entering numerical values in a spin input field in the profile editor via keyboard the value range is not always checked properly.
- [Fix] Creation of bootable hard disk images was broken.
- [Fix] Trying to get the list of available MIDI devices fails if there are no drive records in the default template.
- [Fix] The edit button in the drives list context menu of the profile editor opened the add drive dialog and not the edit drive dialog.
- [Fix] Removed useless information popup when editing the capture folder for a Windows game profile in the profile editor.
- [Fix] Removed invalid ISO image warning when extracting a floppy or hard disk image.
- [Fix] When downloading a cover image from Mobygames right after changing the capture folder (without closing the profile editor in between), the image will be stored in the old capture folder.
- [Fix] Wrong position for the portable version info button on the DOSBox page of the configuration dialog when switching from basic to advanced configuration mode.
- Added a setup option to select which filter keys to be displayed in the filter tree view.
- The Russian language file has been updated.
- [Fix] Exception in the new game wizard when using the default template.
- [Fix] Exception when using the "Reset all pages but this" function in the profile editor to reset a profile to a template.
- [Fix] Wrong name for "Export archive file" popup menu item.
- Updated DOSZip from 2.08 to 2.17.
- Added about 300 new auto setup templates.
- New "Select by" option in the profiles export dialog: Games for which there is no auto setup template.
- New option to create package list xml files for plain archive files.
- In the extra program files dialog of the profile editor parameters for the additional program files can be entered now.
- New function in the icons manager to add all icons from a selected folder and its subfolders.
- Setup option to allow or block multiple instances of D-Fend Reloaded at the same time.
- New option to setup the font style (bold, italic, underlined) for normal games list entries.
- D-Fend Reloaded can store up to 9 internet addresses per profile now.
- Setup option to use the image viewer as a non-modal window.
- New option to change pixel shader settings in the multiple profiles editor.
- More ScummVM settings in the multiple profiles editor.
- The modes "hardware2x" and "hardware3x" will be added automatically to the scalers list when activating the pixel shader GUI.
- New input fields on the MIDI page of the profile editor to setup MT32.
- Now you can set up custom DOSBox settings per DOSBox installation, too.
- Improved detection if the per profile keyboard mapper file is the same as the global keyboard mapper file on the keyboard page of the profile editor.
- Additional user-defined command line parameters can be passed to ScummVM now.
- Now the icon manager will show icons located in sub folders of the icons folder, too.
- Some smaller improvements to the first run wizard.
- [Fix] Incompatibility with ScummVM 1.3.x is fixed.
- [Fix] Storing the order of user defined columns in the games list did not work correctly.
- [Fix] The package manager can handle splitted packages larger than 2 GB from local sources now.
- [Fix] The options "Video chipset" and "Video RAM" in the multiple profiles editor did not work correctly.
- [Fix] Displaying multiple bmp files in the screenshots previewer did not work correctly.
- [Fix] Opening the profile editor for an auto setup template could rise an expection under some conditions.
- [Fix] The function "Convert absolute to relative paths" from the service page of the program options dialog could rise an expection under some conditions.
- [Fix] Clicking the down button to reorder the list of user-defined emulators on the "Other emulators" setup dialog page cause some settings to be overwritten.
- [Fix] The names of the user-defined emulators in the dropdown box on the "Other emulators" setup dialog page were not always correct.
- [Fix] When filtering the games list by emulation type when selecting "Windows" also games using some user-defined emulators were listed.
- [Fix] The download/copy progress dialog shows wrong percent values in the caption when copying large files from local sources.
- [Fix] When changing the program language the language of the entries in the games list columns listbox did not change at once.
- [Fix] The list available of licenses was not displayed correctly in the "Select by" menu.
- [Fix] The preferences for opening text, image and video files were not respected when opening files from the data folder via the context or the profile menu.
- Updated DOSZip from 2.05 to 2.08.
- New option in the mobygames data reader to download all images available for some game.
- Setup option to configure if history information of started games shall be collected or not.
- Support for more special ykhwong DOSBox builds features.
- New optional games list column: Number of starts of the profile.
- When exporting the games list you can choose which fields to export.
- Now the package list creation and package download system can handle packages larger than 2 GB by splitting them.
- The names for the files to look for a profile name suggestion when importing plain archive files (default: FILE_ID.DIZ) is configurareable now.
- The history viewer dialog opens much faster now.
- The games list tooltips now also tells how often the selected profile has been started.
- New setup dialog option to configure whether D-Fend Reloaded should add a trailing backslash to path names when calling an external packer or not. (uha needs path names without trailing backslashs.)
- Default command line parameter values for the external packers uha and arj32 are included now.
- User defined emulators will be listed as sub entries below "Emulation type" in the games list filter tree.
- A new option to filter the games list by game license is offered in the filter tree.
- Setup option to rename all media files in all profiles.
- The "Starting DOSBox failed" dialog now also allows to change the selected SDL video driver.
- Option to reselect the last selected profile on program restart.
- The games list can be exported as a xml file now.
- New option in the icons library to rename all icon files to have upper or lower file extensions.
- The package manager will display the download size of the selected games now.
- Some more new auto setup templates.
- The package manager will open faster now.
- Lower memory consumption on downloading large files via the package manager.
- Tuned the game and setup file detection code.
- [Fix] The automatic translation of the license fields in the profiles failed.
- [Fix] Sorting the columns in the history dialog by clicking the column headers did not work for all columns correctly.
- [Fix] The second last games list column could not be moved down (to be the last column) on the games list columns editor in the setup dialog.
- [Fix] Template names and custom game information keys containing "&" can cause problems.
- [Fix] When running from a network share not connected to a drive letter starting DOSBox failed.
- [Fix] When clicking the zoom button in the video previewer while a damaged video file is selected or the needed codec is missing a division by zero error message appeared.
- [Fix] Access violation when using the "Start" dialog from the tray icon menu and opening a second dialog from the tray icon menu while the first dialog is still open.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the D-Fend Reloaded 1.3.4 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 1.4.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 2.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full D-Fend Reloaded description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(13.9MB, Extension: EXE)