Plop Boot Manager 5.0
The Plop Boot Manager is a small program to boot different operating systems. The boot manager has a builtin ide cdrom and usb driver to access those hardware without the help/need of a bios. You can boot the operating systems from harddisk, floppy, CD/DVD or from USB. You can start the boot manager from floppy, CD, network and there are many more ways to start the boot manager. You can install the boot manager on your harddisk. There is no extra partition required for the boot manager. Features
- USB boot without BIOS support (UHCI, OHCI and EHCI)
- CD/DVD boot without BIOS support (IDE)
- PCMCIA CardBus support to enable boot from USB PC-Cards
- Floppy boot
- Different profiles for operating systems
- Define up to 16 partitions
- No extra partition for the boot manager
- Hidden boot, maybe you have a rescue system installed and the user should not see that there is another system installed
- Boot countdown
- Hide partitions
- Password protection for the computer and the boot manager setup
- Backup of partition table data
- Textmode user interface 80x50
- Graphical user interface 640x480, 800x600, 1024x786, 1280x1024
- MBR partition table edit
- Start of the boot manager from harddisk, floppy, USB, CD, DVD
- Starting from Windows boot menu
- Starting from LILO, GRUB, Syslinux, Isolinux, Pxelinux (network)
- It can be used as PCI option ROM in your BIOS
- Access the whole USB hard disk (up to 2TB) even when the bios has a 128 GiB limit
- You can run the boot manager over the network
- Start the networkcard bootrom from the boot manager to boot from the network
Download alternate Plop Boot Manager solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Plop Boot Manager software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- Bugfix: Microsoft Virtual PC boot freeze fixed.
- Bugfix: USB driver webcam freeze fixed.
- Bugfix: Strange freeze on boot window opening fixed.
- New parameter for plpbt.bin: showextended=yes displays extended partitions in the main menu. plpcfgbt updated.
- New Tool: plpmkboot - make FAT12/16/32 file system bootable to native start plpbt.bin. Linux and Windows version.
- Experimental version: USB driver support for 4K sectors on the usb drive
- Documentation reorganized
- I changed the licence back to free for commercial use.
Wed 07/Dec/2011 This evening, I took some time to figure out why my boot manager hangs on the Asus EeePC 1215T. There are 2 reasons:
Other versions : 5.0.13
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Plop Boot Manager 5.0 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 5.1 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 6.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Plop Boot Manager description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(2MB, Extension: ZIP)