ResEdit is a resource editor for Windows programs. The original purpose was to help C++ developers to create resource scripts. Now it can also be used to modify any resource in PE files (exe, dll, ...) and compiled resource scripts (res files). Features
- Importing rc files generated by Microsoft Visual Studio resource editor.
- Supported formats : Resource Script (rc), Compiled Resource Script (res), Win32 Portable Executable (exe, dll).
- Format conversion in command-line mode.
- Advanced Dialog editor. All existing kind of Win32 controls are supported (Static text, Buttons, Edit controls, Pictures, ...).
- A basic picture editor to open and modify bitmaps, icons and cursors
- Possibility to include all sort of resources.
- Generation of C++ code for the Dialogs (code with CreateWindowEx) and Menus (CreateMenu, CreatePopupMenu...). However it is not possible to import C++ sources files.
- Unlimited Undo/Redo buffers
- Customizable layout : you can drag and drop panels to place it wherever you want.
Download alternate ResEdit solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to ResEdit software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the ResEdit 1.5.12 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 1.6.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 2.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full ResEdit description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(0.44MB, Extension: 7Z)