Actual Window Menu 8.8
Actual Window Menu is a suite of the most popular innovative tools letting users operate windows on the desktop in some advanced ways: alternatively minimize to Windows notification area (system tray) or to a floating icon on the screen, alter the execution priority of Windows processes on-the-fly, apply semi-transparency effect, roll up/unroll, resize, align, easily move windows between different displays in a multiple display environment, etc.
Installation, as well as the use of the program, is extremely easy and does not require much time. After installation, the application embeds its extra commands into each window's system menu. These new commands are as easy to use as common Move/Size/Minimize/Close ones, and they significantly enhance windows management abilities. The set of commands can be customized for particular applications so that you can select just features which are really necessary there and, thus, form a convenient and flexible working environment.
Actual Window Menu is irreplaceable when you have to work with numerous applications at once switching from one to another, which is very annoying and frustrating. Moreover, it becomes quite difficult to distinguish between minimized programs as they get the taskbar piled up. Actual Window Menu enables you to forget that chaos and proceed with your work not being disturbed by windows mess on the desktop. System window menu is the standard windows management facility - it's simple, handy and functional. Enhancing it with Actual Window Menu will turn it into a magic wand - powerful and unobtrusive.
Online shop for buying.
(7.83MB, Extension: EXE)
Download alternate to Actual Window Menu solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Actual Window Menu software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Operating System Utils category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Other versions : 8.7 8.5 8.4 8.3 8.2.2 7.5.1 7.5 7.2 6.7.2 6.7 6.6 6.5.1 6.5 6.4 6.3 6.2 6.1 6.0 5.4 5.3 5.2 5.1 5.0
1) Support of Metro apps in Windows 10. 2) Numerous changes in the main Configuration window. 3) Fixed: Uninstaller showed queries even in silent mode.
1) Windows 10 basic compatibility.
1) Fixed rare crashes when unloading Actual Window Menu. 2) Fixed NuSphere PhpEd 15 debugger hanging at startup. 3) Improved compatibility with MAGIX products (Movie Edit, Music Maker).
1) High DPI support improved. 2) Snap Assist feature added. 3) Last used path is saved in the Configuration Backup/Restore dialogs.
1) Windows 8.1 Update 1 compatibility. 2) Windows 10 compatibility. 3) Quick Setup wizard. 4) Multi-window configuration. 5) Default window settings propagate to specific settings.
1) Win x64: Memory leak fixed. 2) Winamp Library window disappeared after rolling it up.
1) Hotkeys now work in DirectInput games (Battlefield 3, Skyrim, etc.). 2) List of hotkey actions can be filtered by categories. 3) Low-level mechanisms improved for better compatibility. 4) Classic snapping ignores fully transparent windows. 5) Vista+: Compatibility with Internet Explorer improved.
Improved stability on 64-bit systems.
1) Scroll Inactive Windows restored. 2) Crashes in dwm.exe fixed.
1) Compatibility improved with many popular products (like Visual Studio, all Adobe products, SnagIt, Softimage). 2) Displaying the window position while dragging a window added. 3) Norwegian language added. 4) Tracking of window caption changes improved. 5) Numerous fixes.
1) Reboot-less update to new version on Windows Vista/7. 2) Indonesian language added. 3) Hand tool improved. 4) Stability issues fixed.
1) Hanging of just opened console windows fixed. 2) Scroll Inactive Windows tool compatible with Corel WordPerfect. 3) Hand tool compatible with Winamp.
1) Custom mouse click actions with adjustable parameters. 2) Hand tool for scrolling windows. 3) Compatible with fullscreen Adobe Flash Player. 4) Compatible with Mozilla Firefox 4. 5) Compatible with Media Monkey. 6) Aero Snap emulator restored.
1) Custom hotkeys with adjustable parameters. 2) Back up/restore configuration. 3) Undo/Redo commands in Configuration window. 4) Customizable key combination to suspend window snapping. 5) Disable inactive windows' scrolling for specific windows.
1) Scroll inactive windows. 2) Switch the mouse between monitors via hotkeys. 3) Classic and Aero Snap combined. 4) Toggle and colorize Aero Snap preview. 5) Move to Monitor preview dialog. 6) Rollup and Transparency add-ins. 7) Pin to Desktop works in Vista/7. 8) Snapping works in Office 2007/2010.
1) Regular expressions to detect a target window by its caption. 2) Snapping a window to other windows from inside. 3) Excessive consupmtion of graphic resources at the high system load under Windows 7 x64 fixed. 4) Maximize to Desktop fixed. 5) Quick Settings fixed.
1) Ability to create specific settings from the Log tool. 2) Improved support of console windows in Windows 7. 3) Maximize to Desktop window menu command. 4) Support of administrative tools (Regedit, Event Viewer, etc.) in Vista/7. 5) Ability to close any window via click on its title bar.
1) Console windows support on Win7. 2) Auto-check for updates. 3) Snap windows to desktop boundaries and to each other. 4) Easy drag/size windows by any point. 5) Customizable clicks on title bar and regular title buttons. 6) Many fixed bugs/stability issues on x64.
1) The core engine has been slightly improved. 2) The Windows 7 Aero Snap emulation is added. 3) Windows Thumbnails feature is added. 4) Conflicts with several remote control utilities are resolved.
Actual Window Menu 5.3 (31.03.2009)
[+] Now you can quickly align a window by clicking the right mouse button on
window's border with the Ctrl key pressed.
[+] The Description field is added for Exclusions.
[*] The amount of consumed Windows graphics resources is decreased
significantly (this prevents the resource exhaustion when too many windows
[*] Now hotkeys in active window work even if it has no title bar.
[*] Now Configuration windows remember their Maximized state between sessions.
[-] The bug in Configuration user interface with non-disappearing horizontal
scroll bar is fixed.
[-] Now the additional title buttons and system window menu items work
as expected in Windows Live Mail.
[-] Now console windows are correctly extended in the zero user session
on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003.
[-] The long unwanted pause, when closing console windows via Close
title button, is removed.
[-] The crash of Windows Vista Snipping Tool, when closing it, is fixed.
1) The new Quick Settings dialog is added. 2) The overall stability is improved when running on Windows x64. 3) Now the window settings commands open the specially designed light-weight Configuration dialog containing the subject settings only.
Actual Window Menu 5.1 (23.06.2008)
[+] Now you can edit multiple specific settings at once in the Configuration
Module (use Ctrl+
[+] Now you can specify a custom icon for a window minimized
either to the system tray or on the screen.
[+] The custom hotkeys for standard Windows "Minimize"/"Maximize" commands are
added (by default Win+
[+] The compatibility mode for moving maximized windows between monitors is
added: if you have troubles when trying to move a maximized window to
another monitor then try to activate this mode to fix the problems.
[*] Window menu is slightly improved: additional options of AltMin and Roll Up
actions are grouped into a separate submenu.
[*] Now you can remove or reposition special "Pin to desktop" and
"Restrict placement" window menu items as well as any other menu items.
[-] The compatibility with applications written in Visual Basic is improved
(in particular, with WorkCentrics and NCSS 2007).
[-] The bug is fixed: enabling the Command Prompt Windows Support
when Tiny Personal Firewall is running led to system crash.
[-] Now window size can exceed the size of a single monitor in multi-monitor
configurations when resizing window in pixels and the "Keep window within
the desktop boundaries after resizing" option is enabled.
1) The support for command prompt (or console/CMD/DOS) windows in Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista is added. 2) The full support of native 64-bit applications running on any Windows x64 platform is added.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Actual Window Menu 8.8 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 8.9 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 9.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Actual Window Menu description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).