Linphone is an internet phone or Voice Over IP phone (VoIP).
- With linphone you can communicate freely with people over the internet, with voice, video, and text instant messaging.
- Linphone makes use of the SIP protocol , an open standard for internet telephony. You can use Linphone with any SIP VoIP operator, including our free SIP audio/video service.
- linphone is free-software (or open-source), you can download and redistribute it freely.
- Linphone is available for desktop computers: Linux, Windows, MacOSX, and for mobile phones: Android, iPhone, Blackberry.
- SIP user agent compliant with RFC3261
- Supports multiple calls simultaneously with call management features: hold on with music, resume, transfer...
- Audio with the following codecs: speex (narrow band and wideband), G711 (ulaw,alaw), GSM. Through additionals plugins, it also supports AMR and iLBC.
- Video with codecs: H263, H263-1998, MPEG4, theora and H264 (thanks to a plugin based on x264), with resolutions from QCIF(176x144) to SVGA(800x600) provided that network bandwidth and cpu power are sufficient.
- Supports IPv6
- Supports any webcam with a V4L or V4L2 driver under linux and Directshow driver on windows
- Text instant messaging and presence (using the SIMPLE standard)
- DTMF (telephone tones) support using SIP INFO or RFC2833
- Understands SIP ENUMS (sip phone numbers using the naptr DNS service, without proxy)
- Acoustic echo cancelation using the great echo canceller available in libspeexdsp (works not only with speex codec of course)
- Multiple SIP proxy support: registrar, proxies, outbound proxies
- Digest authentication
- Nat friendly: guesses NAT address for SIP messages, uses STUN for RTP streams
- Sound backends:
- Linux: ALSA, OSS, PulseAudio
- Windows: waveapi
- MacOSX: HAL Audio Unit
- iPhone: VoiceProcessing AudioUnit with built-in echo cancellation
- Android sound system
- Efficient bandwidth management: the bandwidth limitations are signaled using SDP (b=AS...), resulting in audio and video session established with bitrates that fits the user`s network capabilities.
- Can use plugins: to add new codecs, or new core functionalities, such as remote directory search of sip addresses for example.
Download alternate Linphone solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Linphone software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Real-Time Communications category.
| Voip Software | Videophone | Video Softphone | Video Sip Phone | Softphone Sdk | Open-source | Open Source | Mediastreamer2 Sdk | Linphone | Free Voip Sdk | Free Sip Voip Sdk | Free Sip Sdk | Audio Video Streaming |
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Other versions : 3.5.0 3.4.3
This release brings various fixes, the audio conferencing, the SRTP media encryption, a new video codec (VP8), a new audio codec (G722) and two new network protocols : SIP/TCP and SIP/TLS.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Linphone 3.5.3 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 3.6.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 4.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Linphone description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(11.6MB, Extension: EXE)