jEdit is a mature programmer`s text editor with hundreds (counting the time developing plugins) of person-years of development behind it. Todownload, install, and set up jEdit as quickly and painlessly as possible.
- Combines the best functionality of Unix, Windows and MacOS text editors.
- Runs on any operating system with a Java 2 version 1.3 or higher virtual machine - this includes MacOS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Efficient keyboard shortcuts for everything
- Comprehensive online help
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Copy and paste with an unlimited number of clipboards (known as "registers")
- Register contents are saved across editing sessions (4.2)
- "Kill ring" automatically remembers previously deleted text (4.2)
- Rich set of keyboard commands for manipulating entire words, lines and paragraphs at a time
- "Markers" for remembering positions in files to return to later
- Marker locations are saved across editing sessions
- Any number of editor windows may be open, each window may be split into several areas, each area can view a different file. Alternatively, different locations in one file can be viewed in more than one area
- Multiple open windows and split windows are remembered between editing sessions (4.2)
- Rectangular selection
- Multiple selection (sometimes known as "discontinuous" or "additive" selection) for manipulating several chunks of text at once
- Word wrap
Download alternate jEdit solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to jEdit software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Software Development category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Other versions : 4.5.2 4.5.1 4.4.2 4.4.1 4.3.2 4.4
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the jEdit 5.0.1 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 5.1.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 6.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full jEdit description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(3MB, Extension: EXE)