Launch4j is a cross-platform tool for wrapping Java applications distributed as jars in lightweight Windows native executables. The executable can be configured to search for a certain JRE version or use a bundled one, and it`s possible to set runtime options, like the initial/max heap size. The wrapper also provides better user experience through an application icon, a native pre-JRE splash screen, a custom process name, and a Java download page in case the appropriate JRE cannot be found. Features
- Launch4j wraps jars in Windows native executables and allows to run them like a regular Windows program. It`s possible to wrap applications on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris!
- Also creates launchers for jars and class files without wrapping.
- Supports executable jars and dynamic classpath resolution using environment variables and wildcards.
- Doesn`t extract the jar from the executable.
- Custom application icon with multiple resolutions and color depths.
- Native pre-JRE splash screen in BMP format shown until the Java application starts.
- Process name as the executable filename to easily identify your application, initial priority and single aplication instance features.
- Works with a bundled JRE or searches for newest Sun or IBM JRE / JDK in given version range.
- Opens Java download page if an appropriate Java version cannot be found or a support website in case of an error.
- Supports GUI and console apps.
- Supports Vista manifests and XP visual style manifests.
- Passes command line arguments, also supports constant arguments.
- Allows to set the initial/max heap size also dynamically in percent of free memory.
- JVM options: set system properties, tweak the garbage collection...
- Runtime JVM options from an .l4j.ini file.
- Runtime command line switches to change the compiled options.
- Access to environment variables, the registry and executable file path through system properties.
- Set environment variables.
- Option to change current directory to the executable location.
- The JRE`s bin directory is appended to the Path environment variable.
- Custom version information shown by Windows Explorer.
- Digital signing of the executable with sign4j.
- Supports Windows Security Features of the Windows 8 certification kit.
- GUI and command line interface.
- Build integration through an Ant task and a Maven Plugin.
- Lightweight: 31 KB!
- It`s free and may be used for commercial purposes.
- Includes a sample application and Ant script that automates the build process from Java sources to native executable.
(2.4MB, Extension: TGZ)
Download alternate to Launch4j solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Launch4j software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Software Development category.
| Wraps | Wrapping | Windows | Solaris | Open Source | Native Splash Screen | Mac | Linux | Launcher | Java Executable Wrapper | Java Application Wrapper | Jar Wrapper | Free Software | Exe Wrapper | Deploy | Build Tool |
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Launch4j 3.4 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 3.5 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 4.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Launch4j description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).