Sphinx is a tool that makes it easy to create intelligent and beautiful documentation, written by Georg Brandl and licensed under the BSD license. It was originally created for the new Python documentation, and it has excellent facilities for the documentation of Python projects, but C/C++ is already supported as well, and it is planned to add special support for other languages as well. Of course, this site is also created from reStructuredText sources using Sphinx! Sphinx is under constant development. The following features are present, work fine and can be seen “in action” in the Python docs:
- Output formats: HTML (including Windows HTML Help), LaTeX (for printable PDF versions), manual pages, plain text
- Extensive cross-references: semantic markup and automatic links for functions, classes, citations, glossary terms and similar pieces of information
- Hierarchical structure: easy definition of a document tree, with automatic links to siblings, parents and children
- Automatic indices: general index as well as a module index
- Code handling: automatic highlighting using the Pygments highlighter
- Extensions: automatic testing of code snippets, inclusion of docstrings from Python modules (API docs), and more
Download alternate Sphinx solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Sphinx software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Software Development category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Sphinx 1.1.4 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 1.2.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 2.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Sphinx description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(1MB, Extension: EGG)