Active File Compare 2.0
Active File Compare is an advanced utility for the comparison and synchronization of any text files in visual mode, it reports the results of the comparison in two side-by-side windows on the screen.
This utility is an excellent tool for comparing source code versions since it allows you to correct the source code and also supports syntax highlighting for the programming languages C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic, Delphi, Object Pascal, SQL, Perl, Assembler, Fortran, Foxpro etc. and for HTML, PHP, XML, INI and BAT files. You can also use it to manage the source code when several independent authors make changes.
The algorithm of comparing is designed in such a way that it`s always very accurate in finding differences both in small text files and in files with a large number of changes.
Active File Compare has its own File Manager consisting of two side by side windows. It allows for the comparing of two folders` contents, loading files for further work, copying files and folders etc. You can control the list of files to be displayed in the File Manager by using filters. Supports Zip, Tar and GZip archives.
Comparison:- Compares the contents of two folders;
- Compares files which exist in Zip, Tar and GZip archive files;
- Creates the File Differences Report as a HTML file or a Unix Diff file;
Display:- Compares files side-by-side;
- Highlights syntax for C++, Java, Delphi, Pascal, Visual Basic, SQL, HTML, PHP, XML, Perl, Assembler, Fortran, Foxpro etc;
- Highlights differences down to the level of characters;
- Multilingual interface;
Editing:- Synchronization of fragments with differences;
- Edit files and edit individual lines after comparison;
File Manager:- Two side-by-side windows;
- File filter;
- Sort by Name, Extension, Date Modified, Size;
- Copy, Move, Delete and Rename files;
Other:- Supports Project Settings;
- Supports Command Line Options;
- Supports UNICODE text files.
Online shop for buying.
(1.01MB, Extension: ZIP)
Download alternate to Active File Compare solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Active File Compare software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Software Development category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
* New option: Ignore columns. This option allows to specify ignored and compared characters ranges for each line.
* Added ability to close the opened files.
* Allows drag and drop of files (e.g. from Explorer) for comparison.
* Bug fixed: The program failed to work, when the synchronization was executed for virtual line.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Active File Compare 2.0 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 2.1 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 3.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Active File Compare description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).