Stereoscopic Player 2.0.6
Stereoscopic Player is a versatile 3D movie player. It allows you to play stereo scopic videos and DVDs (external decoder required) and also allows you to watch live video from a capture device. Since it is based on Direct Show, it can handle almost any media format, for example AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF and MOV. Videos can be coded in several different stereo scopic formats.
Stereoscopic Player Features
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Supports Video for Windows (*.avi), MPEG-1 (*.mpg), Windows Media (*.wmv, *.asf), QuickTime (*.mov) and Material Exchange Format (*.mxf)
- Supports photos in mpo, jpg, jps, tif, gif, png and bmp format
- Supports Windows Media Dual Stream files
- Supports separate left/right files
- Supports MXF files of Digital Cinema Packages (DCPs), including XYZ to RGB color space conversion
- Digital Rights Management (for stereoscopic Windows Media files only)
- Playback of any other format supported by third party DirectShow decoders
- Windows Media 7.1 and 5.1 multichannel audio decoding
- Windows Media streaming
- 3D-DVD playback 1
- Live playback from capture devices (TV card, DV camcorder, ...)
- Built-in video library stores settings for each movie
- Retrieves data from stereoscopic metadata servers
- Import and export of stereoscopic metafiles
- Command line control
- OLE automation
- Compatible with Windows Media Center IR remote control
- Synchronized control of external effects via DMX512 (compatible with OpenDMX hardware), serial port and execution of programs and scripts.
- Official languages: English, German
- Languages added by users (translations might be incomplete): Spanish, French, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazilian), Italian, Russian, Japanese, Polish, Hungarian, Finnish. Thanks very much to Ignacio Aldazabal, Paupert Francois, Peter Jacobs, Marco Lopes, Daniele Pagliani, Vladimir Simchenko, Masuji Suto, Andrzej Waluk, Dr. Imre Zsolnai-Nagy and Tapio Hellman for doing these translations.
Supported stereo layouts
- Interlaced (Field-Sequential)
- Side by Side
- Multi-View (Tiled)
- SIS Attachment
The above layouts rotated by 90° are also supported. In addition, Stereoscopic Player supports separate files for left and right view and optionally for the soundtrack.
Supported viewing methods
- Dual Screen Output
- NVIDIA Stereo Driver
- StereoBright™ 2
- Quad Buffered OpenGL 3
- Sharp 3D Display
- 3D Enabled DLP-TV
- Tridelity SL Series 3D Displays
- SIS Attachment 4
- Side By Side
- Row Interlaced
- Column Interlaced
- True Anaglyph Red - Blue
- True Anaglyph Red - Green
- Gray Anaglyph Red - Cyan
- Gray Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
- Gray Anaglyph Green - Magenta
- Half Color Anaglyph Red - Cyan
- Half Color Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
- Half Color Anaglyph Green - Magenta
- Color Anaglyph Red - Cyan
- Color Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
- Color Anaglyph Green - Magenta
- Optimized Anaglyph Red - Cyan
- Optimized Anaglyph Yellow - Blue
- Optimized Anaglyph Green - Magenta
Download alternate Stereoscopic Player solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Stereoscopic Player software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Video & Multimedia category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- Added antialiasing to the image border in Oculus Rift mode.
- Added Playback|Jump Backwards|Last Position command.
- Added support for single-PID MVC MPEG transport streams.
- Added -ir command line parameter to set the input orientation.
- Added the following OLE Automation commands:
Other versions : 2.0.5 2.0.4 2.0.3 2.0.2 1.9.9 1.9.7 1.9.6 1.9.5 1.9.4 1.9.3 1.9.2 1.9.1 1.8.1 1.8 1.7.8 1.7.7 1.7.6 1.7.4 1.7.3 1.7.2 1.7.1 1.7 1.6.6 1.6.5 1.6.4
- Added new viewing method for the Oculus Rift.
- Added shortcut Ctrl+E for the File|Exit command.
- Fixed: StereoPlayer.exe remains active after the main window closed when using the -term, -termsc or -termend command line parameters.
- Fixed: Next file is loaded when switching between scaled and unscaled fullscreen mode using shortcuts.
- Added support for EUROLITE USB-DMX512-PRO interface.
- Fixed: Alt+F4 hides video instead of closing the player.
- Fixed: Alt+F4 hides video instead of closing the player.
- Fixed other minor issues.
- Fixed crash on Windows XP.
- Fixed: JPEG images are always opened with monoscopic layout.
- Added 'VP8 Video Decoder', 'Vorbis Audio Decoder' and 'RealMedia Stream Splitter' categories to the preferred filters configuration.
- Added the Matroska splitter filter as preferred splitter for WebM files.
- Added jump forward and jump backward commands.
- Added configuration options for jump commands to settings dialog.
- Changed: Updated JPEG2000 decoder.
- Added support for the MVC codec in the Matroska container.
- Added -calibration command line parameter.
- Fixed ANSI/Unicode detection issue in playlist files.
- Fixed arithmetic overflow error when playing DVDs.
- Fixed wrong aspect ratio when rotating the input.
- Fixed error when displaying library that contains files with long paths.
- Fixed dialogs when using large fonts (more than 96 dpi).
- Fixed several minor bugs.
- Added lens calibration wizard for generic multiviewer display viewing method.
- Added support for *.wtv files on Windows 8 (LAV Filters are required).
- Fixed: Re-enabled tiled formats accidentally disabled in version 1.9.0.
- Fixed a few minor bugs.
- Fixed: Changing layout in video properties dialog doesn't work.
- Fixed: Mouse shortly visible in full screen mode although it is disabled.
- Fixed several bugs, including a few RCW errors.
- Changed: Added ffdshow Video Decoder as preferred decoder for MPEG-2.
- Fixed scripting support.
- Fixed error when opening playlists.
- Fixed crash when opening *.ssif or *.m2ts files.
- Fixed bug in MVC decoder.
- Added: 'Send report' option in error dialog is preserved.
- Fixed installer error after updating Windows Installer.
- Fixed error message when cancelling UAC dialog.
- Fixed crashes with certain capture devices.
- Fixed crash when opening certain files (RCW error).
- Fixed crash in 'Open Left and Right File' dialog when selecting a very short filename.
- Fixed issues with -term and -termend command line parameters.
- Fixed crash with interlaced (non-progressive) content when switching to fullscreen mode.
- Fixed crash when playing HD videos.
- Added support for 2D+depth input format.
- Added step reduction option for generic multi-viewer display viewing method.
- Fixed sporadic player crashes.
- Added mark parity for serial effect control.
- Added Get/SetViewingMethod OLE Automation commands.
- Added: Integration with GrassFish Public CMS.
- Added -logdir command line parameter.
- Fixed player crash when switching audio language.
- Fixed: Position of video library is not restored correctly.
- Fixed: Hourglass visible in fullscreen mode while loading file.
- Fixed crash when opening empty playlist.
- Added support for UDP output of effect control byte streams.
- Fixed issue with H.264 content when switching to fullscreen mode.
- Fixed H.264 DXVA2 issue with Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder.
- Added automatic deinterlacing option.
- Added support for five tiles multi-view format (also known as Tridelity 5 Tile format).
- Added 256x256 pixel resolution to icon.
- Changed: Updated QuickTime source filter.
- Changed: Replaced MXF splitter with MXF source filter.
- Fixed: Improved error message if registration fails because player is not installed properly.
- Fixed: Workaround for DivX Plus Demux that breaks AVI playback.
- Added: Improved auto-detection of second file in 'Open Left and Right File' dialog. The corresponding file is now found in other folders, too.
- Added option to automatically load the next file of the current folder ('Play Folder' menu item).
- Added tool buttons for 'Repeat' and 'Play Folder' commands.
- Added OLE automation commands to set and get the Play Folder option and to go to the next or previous chapter or file within the current folder.
- Added seeking forwards/backwards using the Ctrl + Scroll Wheel or Left Button + Scroll wheel.
- Added support for HDMV LPCM audio.
- Changed: Renamed 'Next/Previous Image' menu items to 'Next/Previous File'.
- Changed: The 'Next/Previous File' command must be used to go to next or previous playlist item instead of Next/Previous Chapter command.
- Changed hotkey of 'Next File' command from space to return key.
- Fixed: Dialogs hidden by startup logo.
- Fixed: Playback not possible without audio device.
- Added support for interlaced MVC content.
- Added support for MVC content in MP4 containers.
- Fixed issue with Coraline Blu-ray disk.
- Fixed seeking deadlocks with left/right *.m2ts files.
- Fixed exception when calling GetDuration automation command on still files.
- Fixed that player doesn't close file handles of jpg files.
- Fixed long load delay with certain files when ffdshow Video Decoder is used.
- Fixed error after resume from sleep mode.
- Added 'default' option in full screen monitor menu.
- Fixed crash with certain DCPs.
- Fixed DirectX recreation error after fast user switching.
- Fixed compatibility issue with DivX Demux Filter.
- Added error message when opening encrypted Blu-ray files.
- Added option for DMX512 output to send only used channels.
- Fixed issue with H.264 AVIs with resolution greater 1920x1080.
- Fixed issue when opening left/right *.m2ts files from 3D Blu-ray disks.
- Fixed low quality scaling of multiview viewing methods.
- Removed blue line code glasses control method.
- Added support for Alioscopy and Tridelity multiview displays.
- Added AMD Stereo Driver viewing method.
- Added Greek translation. Thanks very much to John Scrept.
- Added -fsu (fullscreen mode unscaled) command line parameter.
- Changed: Metadata file has higher priority than embedded metadata.
- Fixed: Blocked further commands in kiosk mode.
- Fixed: Issues with DCPs created with OpenCinemaTools.
- Added 'Center views' option that centers left and right views separately instead of centering them together. This option should be checked when outputting to a 3DTV. It is enabled by default.
- Added configuration options for Digital Cinema Packages. Decoding at lower resolution can be enforced if the CPU is not fast enough for full resolution decoding.
- Added hidden feature 'mono mode' (press Ctrl+Alt+M). It displays the left view on both eyes, but still using the selected viewing method.
- Changed: Updated QuickTime source filter.
- Fixed DPI awareness on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Stereoscopic Player 2.0.7 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 2.1.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 3.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Stereoscopic Player description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(5.28MB, Extension: MSI)