* DVDSubEdit works with vob files or sup files (created for example by PgcDemux, or VobEdit) and does not require any demuxing/remuxing (it works directly inside the VOB files, and processing is quasi instantaneous).
* DVDSubEdit allows you to reposition your subtitles exactly where you want them, horizontally or vertically, for all display modes (4:3, widescreen, letterboxed, pan&scan).
* DVDSubEdit lets you change the transparency and the color of each subtitle, or hide them entirely.
* DVDSubEdit allows you to resynchronize your subtitles with your video, by changing the start time and the duration.
* DVDSubEdit can run an OCR (optical character recognition) algorithm on your subtitles, so you can search them, modify them and export them as .srt.
* DVDSubEdit allows you to remove annoying parts in your subtitles (for example, text intended for hearing-impaired persons). You can also selectively remove typos in the subtitles, all this without re-authoring!
* DVDSubEdit allows you to edit your subtitles using an external bitmap editing tool (such as photoshop, Gimp, or even mspaint). You don`t need to demux/remux anything, and it takes 1s to export/re-import the bitmap!
* DVDSubEdit saves your changes directly inside the vob files (which is very quick), and also lets you export your subs to .sup and .srt format. You can also save individual subs as ppm.
Download alternate DVDSubEdit solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to DVDSubEdit software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Video & Multimedia category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- Added code to save selected subpics as bitmap (code written by Uwe Kotyczka, thanks dude!).
- Added preference for drop-frame and non-drop-frame time display / saving.
- Fixed bug that caused "AutoClut" to be selected when sup files were opened even if the IFO was supplied.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the DVDSubEdit 1.52 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 1.53 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 2.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full DVDSubEdit description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(0.67MB, Extension: ZIP)