Subtitle Edit 3.2.8
Subtitle Edit is a free editor for video subtitles - a subtitle editor. The source code is freely available too :)
With SE you can easily adjust a subtitle if it is out of sync with the video and much more.
For a list of features see below or check out the Subtitle Edit Help page.
Also, you can watch a few videos about installing and using Subtitle Edit.
Download Subtitle Edit 2.8.7 here.
For Windows XP users: SE requires Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 or newer.
Get the full C# source code - GPL license
- Visually sync/adjust a subtitle (start/end position and speed).
- Create/adjust subtitle lines
- Translation helper (for manual translation)
- Convert between SubRib, MicroDVD, Substation Alpha, SAMI, and more
- Import VobSub sub/idx binary subtitles (code is ripped from Subtitle Creator by Erik Vullings/Manusse)
- Can read and write UTF-8 and other unicode files (besides ANSI)
- Show texts earlier/later
- Adjust display time
- Fix common errors wizard
- Remove text for hear impaired
- Swedish to danish translation built-in (via Multi Translator Online)
- Google translation built-in
- Spell checking via Open Office dictionaries/NHunspell (many dictionaries available)
- Effects: Typewriter and karoake
- Can open subtitles embedded inside matroska files
- History/undo manager
- Compare subtitles
- Multiple search and replace
Subtitle Edit Is Available In The Following Languages:
- Dutch (thx Albert B.)
- Italian (thx Angelo Contardi)
- Polish (thx admas)
- Spanish (thx Darío Hereñú)
(1.3MB, Extension: RAR)
Download alternate to Subtitle Edit solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Subtitle Edit software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Video & Multimedia category.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Subtitle Edit 3.2.9 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 3.3.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 4.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Subtitle Edit description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).