Subtitle Editor 0.41.0
Subtitle Editor is a GTK+2 tool to edit subtitles for GNU/Linux/*BSD. It can be used for new subtitles or as a tool to transform, edit, correct and refine existing subtitle. This program also shows sound waves, which makes it easier to synchronise subtitles to voices. Subtitle Editor is free software released under the GNU General Public License (GPL3). Features User interface:
- Really easy to use
- Multiple document interface
- Internationalization support
- Video player integrated in the main window (based on GStreamer)
- Can play preview with external video player (using MPlayer or other)
- Can be used for timing
- Generate and display a waveform
- Generate and display keyframes
- Can be used for translating
- Shows subtitles over the video
- With GTK+, menu accelerators can be changed by pressing a key over the menu item. This is possible with subtitleeditor, and this is for this reason that all actions are in the menu.
- Style Editor
- Spell checking
- Text correction (Space around punctuation, capitalize, empty subtitle ...)
- Errors checking (Overlapping, too short or long duration ...)
- Framerate convertion
- Edit times and frames
- Scale subtitles
- Split or joint subtitles
- Split or joint documents
- Edit text and adjust time (start, end)
- Move subtitle
- Find and replace (Support regular expressions)
- Sort subtitles
- Type writer effect
- Lots of timing and editing tools
- Adobe Encore DVD
- Advanced Sub Station Alpha
- Burnt-in timecode (BITC)
- MPsub (MPlayer subtitle)
- Spruce STL
- Sub Station Alpha
- SubViewer 2.0
- Timed Text Authoring Format (TTAF)
(1.3MB, Extension: GZ)
Download alternate to Subtitle Editor solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Subtitle Editor software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Video & Multimedia category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
- Fix bug #19700 : Add "select none" to Selection menu.
- Fix bug #19629 : Requirements have changed. gstreamermm >= 0.10.6.
- Fix bug #20529 : No way to close a waveform.
- Fix bug #19590 : Allow drag and drop of video files.
- Fix bug #20074 : Scene cut based keyframe detection. Patch by Martin Doucha.
- Fix bug #19709 : In glib-2.32, glib/gregex.h cannot be included directly. Patch by Andre Reinke
- Fix bug #19610 : CPS column too wide, translation column too narrow. Patch by Tomáš Hnyk.
- Fix bug #20532 : Make find and replace dialog big enough by default. Patch by Tomáš Hnyk.
- Fix bug #20441 : Spelling errors in manpage. Patch by Philip Rinn.
Other versions : 0.40.0 0.39.0
- Add Video and Waveform recent files
- Add the default ASS/SSA style in the config file
- Introduce new subtitleformat 'dcsubtitle' - DLP Cinema Subtitle
- Add the ability to seek tiny. Pach by Sebastián Ventura
- Add the ability to skip frame by frame. (Lilian request)
- Fix bug #18905 : Clic molette. Button2 only move the cursor, play with Shift
- Fix bug #19268 : File Open: display uppercase extensions in file open dialog
- Fix bug #19023 : Assenseur / ligne active. Center in the view the current selection
- Fix bug #14663 : Feature Request: Cut Line
- Fix bug #18903 : Durée du sous-titre incorrecte
- Fix bug #18904 : Change framerate
- Fix bug #18697 : Cannot parse 'font' tags in sami subtitles. Patch by Dongsu Park
- Fix bug #18381 : Fails to open srt file with co-ordinates in the first subtitle
- Fix bug #18449 : Encoding key is deprecated in share/subtitleeditor.desktop.in
- Fix bug #18448 : Subtitleeditor should not handle MIME-Type "text/plain"
- Fix bug #646371 (Debian) : broken handling of 'br/' tags
- Fix Failed to compile documentsnavigation.cc
- Fix Failed to compile sami.cc. No need ptr for Subtitle
- Fix untranslated text
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Subtitle Editor 0.41.1 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 0.42.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 1.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Subtitle Editor description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).