Web Site Maestro 8.7.4
Web Site Maestro speeds up your site by optimizing both HTML and script code of your web pages and optimizing your JPEG and PNG images. It helps you keep organized by creating a duplicate site folder for the optimized files. An added benefit is that it leaves your original files untouched. You should use your original web folder for editing and use the duplicate web folder for uploading. Web Site Maestro features Smart Handling, supports XML and can handle web pages with any text encoding. Moreover, it can check your web pages for dangling tags, missing attributes and broken links. An integrated FTP/WebDAV Client enables one-click optimizing and uploading, also in secure mode. You can synchronize your entire website with your local web folder or synchronize a single remote folder. Web Site Maestro offers many options to customize its operation to your special needs. Drag and drop is fully supported.
Download alternate Web Site Maestro solution
Look at the free or trial alternatives and similar apps to Web Site Maestro software by the tags. It's possible also to find substitutes for the most popular titles in the Website Building category.
History updates (Complete changelogs since the listing on this site)
Other versions : 8.7.3 8.7.2 8.7 8.6.8 8.6.6 8.6.4 8.6.1 8.6 8.5 8.4 8.3.1 8.3 8.2.4 8.2.3 8.2.2 8.2 8.1.1 8.1 8.0 7.7 7.6.9 7.6.5 7.6.3 7.6 7.5.2 7.3 7.2 7.1.1 7.0 6.7.3 6.7.2 6.6 6.5.2 6.4.4 6.4.3 6.4.2 6.4 6.0.3 5.5.1
Changed Advanced Settings under the Sync tab of Preferences. 'Verifying the FTP server time offset' is now a standard option.
Updated the Manual.
Reduced the sales price with USD 7.
Removed some innocent alert messages.
* If the JPEG Image Quality Index is set to 100%, PNG images can now still be optimized. * Fixed an error that could unintentionally set the JPEG Image Quality index to 40%.
* Improved optimizing FluxBB code. * Corrected the error message when trying to upload a file to a directory without permission. * Updated some dialog windows.
Added the option to put Google Analytics code just before the tag of each optimized file, for each web folder separately. * Renewed the "About iWeb and FTP" window. * Removed the "About iWeb and MobileMe iDisk" window.
* The upload process will now resume from where it left off when a short internet service outage has occurred. * Improved checking for broken links. * The "Qualify URLs" option no longer corrupts Google Analytics code. * Fixed a bug that disabled FTPS uploading while synchronizing your website.
* Added a menu command to the Edit menu to select only JPEG and PNG images for uploading. * Added a setting to optimize only JPEG and PNG images. * Improved the "Check (and Complete) Tags" function. * Improved the "Check for Broken Links" function.
Improved the Configuration Wizard and updated the Manual.
Improved compatibility with Windows NT servers for uploading files and creating folders.
Fixed a bug that could cause an infinite loop when getting a remote directory listing or when synchronizing your site.
PNGs with a useless mask are much better optimized.
Average load and display time of your site after optimizing has been improved, based on new statistics.
* Instead of typing all subfolder paths for skipping remote folders or files while synchronizing your website, you now only have to type the name of the main folder. * Uploading files In secure WebDAV mode to MobileMe works now correctly if the site folder was not yet created.
* Fixed a bug that caused that your site folder on MobileMe was not created automatically when uploading a whole new website. * Fixed a bug that could cause in rare cases that synchronizing your website resulted in uploading files which did not need to be uploaded
* The SFTP transfer protocol now also supports downloading files after getting a directory listing. * Changed the advanced setting 'PNG Compression Level' in Preferences. * Optimizing PNG images with a mask works noticeably faster with large web folders. * When uploading to MobileMe, an authentication error while uploading is hidden to the user and the current upload process is resumed automatically. * Fixed a bug that could cause that the 'Total Size' number of your web folder is not correct. * Fixed a bug that - when checking for broken links - prevented the detection of a missing target in a file when the target is specified in a link to that file.
* Added the SFTP (SSH) transfer protocol. Available for uploading files and getting remote directory listings. * Improved optimizing images.
* Better support of iWeb-generated websites. * Removing unneeded quotation marks works more reliable. * The trial version also shows skipped files in the optimizer log.
The program is now available for download as dmg.zip file.
Some dialog texts have been rewritten.
Some dialog texts have been rewritten.
* The directory structure of the duplicate web folder is automatically monitored and updated, each time you use the program. * Resolved some minor issues of the "List Non-Optimized Files" window. * Fixed a bug that, since version 7.5, prevented the "Same Again" button from working.
* Added a window "List Non-Optimized Files" that will make it easier for you to use Smart Handling when uploading non-optimized files. * Fixed a bug that, in very rare cases, disabled FTP uploading while synchronizing your website.
* Added the option to put custom Site Analytics code just before the /body tag of each optimized file, for each web folder separately. * Improved reliability and speed of FTP and FTPS uploading. * Fixed a bug that could inadvertently change the Smart Handling mode.
* Improved optimizing web pages. * Added a Help Window named "About iWeb and MobileMe iDisk" to be chosen from the Help menu. The information is now easier to read.
* Fixed a bug that could cause the File menu to disappear. New in version 7.1: * Smart Handling can now also be used with web folders created in iWeb or any other HTML Editor that updates the modification dates of all files even if only one file was changed. For this purpose the mode "File Size" has been added to the existing three modes. * Fixed a bug that could cause a wrong style of your web pages.
* PNG images with a mask are now also optimized.
* Added the option to remove unneeded quotation marks from attributes and hyperlink strings. * Added a contextual menu to the Log. * Added a command "List Non-Optimized Files" to the Transfer menu. * Improved optimizing css code and iWeb code.
* improved external link checking. * If necessary the duplicate web folder directory is automatically updated before optimizing. * Broken external links are now displayed in bold text. If you double-click such a link, the URL is copied to the clipboard.
* Corrected an error in the menu bar of the Preferences Window. * Fixed a bug that caused error messages when using the option "Verify the FTP server time offset before synchronizing". * Fixed a bug that could cause that a folder to be skipped when synchronizing your website was still created at your website. * Fixed a bug that could cause that the optimizer log was not temporarily saved. * Improved reliability of external link checking. * Folders whose name starts with a period are now always skipped when synchronizing your website.
* Added the option to the Main Window to optimize folders recursively, i.e. also handle all of its subfolders in one pass. Note that the entire web folder has always been and still is handled recursively. * Now you can also exclude files from being handled. * The Convert Special Characters function has been discontinued. * In a directory listing you can now select a file to delete from the server.
* When synchronizing your web site, names of files being uploaded are shown before the upload is complete. * Fixed a bug that could cause an error when synchronizing your web site or getting a directory listing (FTP only). * Fixed a bug that corrupted your login data if the name of your web folder contained a period, slash or tilde.
* Added the option to play the system sound when FTP transfer is complete. * Fixed some minor bugs.
* Added the option to treat all code as XHTML code. * Fixed a bug that could set the Image Quality slider to 0, causing corrupted images.
* Added support for Smarty templates. * Corrected some Help tags in Preferences.
* You can now perform a test run before synchronizing your web site with your duplicate web folder. * Fixed a bug that could cause that synchronizing your web site did not work properly with Linux/Unix servers.
* Improved optimizing web pages with unbalanced tags. * Adjusted the frame of the Image Viewer to minimize the use of scroll bars.
* Fixed a bug that required clicking on the Main Window or the Desktop in order to stop stalling during a lengthy process. Occurred only on Intel-based Macs. * Version 5.5 introduced FTPS (FTP over SSL/TLS) for secure transfer of your username, password and files over the Internet.
Predicted future versions and notices:
The doDownload.com constantly monitors the update of all programs, including information from the Web Site Maestro 8.7.5 changelog file, however sometimes it can happen that data are not complete or are outdated.We assume that author continue's to develop 8.8.0 version with further advanced features, and soon you will be informed. Equally important 9.0.0 upgrades of the program we will continue to monitor. Full Web Site Maestro description has been compared with the overall software database and our algorithm has found the following applications (are showed below).
(14.65MB, Extension: ZIP)